Generic Name and Formulations:
Rucaparib 200mg, 300mg; tabs.
Indications for RUBRACA:
Monotherapy in patients with deleterious BRCA-mutation (germline and/or somatic) associated advanced ovarian cancer who have been treated with ≥2 prior lines of chemotherapy. Select patients for therapy based on an FDA-approved companion diagnostic test.
Swallow whole. 600mg twice daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications or adjustments for adverse reactions: 1st reduction: 500mg twice daily; 2nd reduction: 400mg twice daily; 3rd reduction: 300mg twice daily.
Monitor CBC at baseline and monthly thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (Grade ≤1). Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Females of reproductive potential must obtain pregnancy test prior to initiating therapy. Use effective contraception during therapy and for at least 6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 2 weeks after last dose).
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Nausea, fatigue, asthenia, vomiting, anemia, abdominal pain, dysgeusia, constipation, decreased appetite, diarrhea, thrombocytopenia, dyspnea, lab abnormalities (increased: creatinine, ALT/AST, cholesterol; decreased: hemoglobin, lymphocytes, platelets, ANC).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|