Generic Name and Formulations:
Temazepam 7.5mg, 15mg, 22.5mg, 30mg; caps.
Indications for RESTORIL:
Short-term (7–10 days) treatment of insomnia.
Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 7.5mg–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 7.5mg. Max 1 month/℞.
<18yrs: not established.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids (see Interactions). Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic impairment. Drug or alcohol abuse. Reevaluate if used ≥2 weeks. Sleep disturbances after stopping drug. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged use. Elderly. Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, hangover, confusion, weakness, paradoxical excitement, euphoria; sleep-driving and other complex behaviors (eg, preparing/eating food), anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Caps 7.5mg—30, 100; 22.5mg—30; 15mg, 30mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|