Smoking during pregnancy is linked to several health risks for children including low birth weight, reduced lung capacity, asthma, and obesity.
Oncologist and gynecologist should collaborate to provide appropriate treatment
Lymphoma treatment type and pretreatment spermatogenesis status are linked to recovery.
Cancer and its treatment may have an immediate or delayed impact on reproductive health.
In a prospective study of female cancer survivors under age 40 years, self-opinions of fertility status based on menstrual cycle influenced quality of life (QoL) more strongly than did objective markers of ovarian reserve.
Women who had survived childhood cancer were nearly 50% more likely to experience clinical infertility than were their siblings, according to findings from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
An immunomodulator known as AS101 has been shown to prevent ovarian follicle "burnout" in mice undergoing chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide.
Packaging crystalline arsenic particles in a bubble of fat helps deliver the drug into lymphoma cells without damaging the ovaries.
Sexual function and body image stable over 18 months for women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
Interested patients should be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist as quickly as possible after a cancer diagnosis, as some fertility-preservation options require 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|