Smoking during pregnancy is linked to several health risks for children including low birth weight, reduced lung capacity, asthma, and obesity.
Oncologist and gynecologist should collaborate to provide appropriate treatment
Lymphoma treatment type and pretreatment spermatogenesis status are linked to recovery.
Cancer and its treatment may have an immediate or delayed impact on reproductive health.
In a prospective study of female cancer survivors under age 40 years, self-opinions of fertility status based on menstrual cycle influenced quality of life (QoL) more strongly than did objective markers of ovarian reserve.
Women who had survived childhood cancer were nearly 50% more likely to experience clinical infertility than were their siblings, according to findings from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
An immunomodulator known as AS101 has been shown to prevent ovarian follicle "burnout" in mice undergoing chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide.
Packaging crystalline arsenic particles in a bubble of fat helps deliver the drug into lymphoma cells without damaging the ovaries.
Sexual function and body image stable over 18 months for women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
Interested patients should be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist as quickly as possible after a cancer diagnosis, as some fertility-preservation options require 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|