Smoking during pregnancy is linked to several health risks for children including low birth weight, reduced lung capacity, asthma, and obesity.
Oncologist and gynecologist should collaborate to provide appropriate treatment
Lymphoma treatment type and pretreatment spermatogenesis status are linked to recovery.
Cancer and its treatment may have an immediate or delayed impact on reproductive health.
In a prospective study of female cancer survivors under age 40 years, self-opinions of fertility status based on menstrual cycle influenced quality of life (QoL) more strongly than did objective markers of ovarian reserve.
Women who had survived childhood cancer were nearly 50% more likely to experience clinical infertility than were their siblings, according to findings from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
An immunomodulator known as AS101 has been shown to prevent ovarian follicle "burnout" in mice undergoing chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide.
Packaging crystalline arsenic particles in a bubble of fat helps deliver the drug into lymphoma cells without damaging the ovaries.
Sexual function and body image stable over 18 months for women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
Interested patients should be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist as quickly as possible after a cancer diagnosis, as some fertility-preservation options require 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- New Criteria for Appropriate Use of Bone Scintigraphy to Diagnose and Manage Prostate and Breast Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Eischens Yoga May Benefit Men Undergoing Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- Rubraca Granted Accelerated FDA Approval for Advanced BRCA-positive Ovarian Cancer
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|