Smoking during pregnancy is linked to several health risks for children including low birth weight, reduced lung capacity, asthma, and obesity.
Oncologist and gynecologist should collaborate to provide appropriate treatment
Lymphoma treatment type and pretreatment spermatogenesis status are linked to recovery.
Cancer and its treatment may have an immediate or delayed impact on reproductive health.
In a prospective study of female cancer survivors under age 40 years, self-opinions of fertility status based on menstrual cycle influenced quality of life (QoL) more strongly than did objective markers of ovarian reserve.
Women who had survived childhood cancer were nearly 50% more likely to experience clinical infertility than were their siblings, according to findings from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
An immunomodulator known as AS101 has been shown to prevent ovarian follicle "burnout" in mice undergoing chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide.
Packaging crystalline arsenic particles in a bubble of fat helps deliver the drug into lymphoma cells without damaging the ovaries.
Sexual function and body image stable over 18 months for women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
Interested patients should be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist as quickly as possible after a cancer diagnosis, as some fertility-preservation options require 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Novel 3D Marker Reduces Radiation, Improves Cosmesis in Breast Conserving Surgery
- Rates at Some Milestones May Indicate Clinical Trial Results for Immunotherapeutics
- Cancer Risks for BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers Determined by Age, Family History, Mutation Location
- Long-Term Use of TPO Receptor Agonist Safe in CLL-Associated Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Savolitinib Active, Tolerable in Subset of Advanced Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|