Smoking during pregnancy is linked to several health risks for children including low birth weight, reduced lung capacity, asthma, and obesity.
Oncologist and gynecologist should collaborate to provide appropriate treatment
Lymphoma treatment type and pretreatment spermatogenesis status are linked to recovery.
Cancer and its treatment may have an immediate or delayed impact on reproductive health.
In a prospective study of female cancer survivors under age 40 years, self-opinions of fertility status based on menstrual cycle influenced quality of life (QoL) more strongly than did objective markers of ovarian reserve.
Women who had survived childhood cancer were nearly 50% more likely to experience clinical infertility than were their siblings, according to findings from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
An immunomodulator known as AS101 has been shown to prevent ovarian follicle "burnout" in mice undergoing chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide.
Packaging crystalline arsenic particles in a bubble of fat helps deliver the drug into lymphoma cells without damaging the ovaries.
Sexual function and body image stable over 18 months for women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
Interested patients should be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist as quickly as possible after a cancer diagnosis, as some fertility-preservation options require 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|