Many patients place too high a value on the effectiveness of tumor markers in demonstrating their posttreatment status. Even after offering a detailed explanation of the true worth of these tests, the author's patient still wants to know, "Are you going to order my tumor markers?"
Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Clinical trials could benefit from a greater number of participants with a dedicated cooperative network to support rural community cancer centers.
After participating in a mission trip, an oncology nurse realizes she got more out of her African adventure than she gave to the children of the small village outside Nairobi, Kenya.
Have you ever felt the lasting effect of overhearing an offhand criticism about a clinical decision you made? This nurse reminds her colleagues that they need to advocate for their care as well as their patients.
End-of-life care and decisions can be difficult for health care providers. Consulting the ethics committee can provide needed support for the final decision.
An opportunity to put basic clinical skills to the test demonstrates the depth of nursing skills for this nurse.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
A young boy is determined to get the answers to questions about his father's radiation treatments, and the treatment team is happy to oblige.
A new nurse welcomed the challenge of providing care and compassion to a difficult patient. The experience shed light on why she chose this career.
- Arthritis drug shows potential for blood cancer treatment
- In breast cancer survivors, lidocaine may relieve pain during intercourse
- Certain nutrients may fuel cancer therapy resistance
- Multiple myeloma uses "wolf in sheep's clothing" tactic to avoid immune response in bone
- Likelihood of lung cancer screening update
- Young adult cancer survivors experience increased rate of hospitalization
- Missed diagnostic testing has negative impact on lung cancer treatment
- Veterans returning from Iraq, Afghanistan may have increased risk of skin cancer
- Certain patients with germ cell cancer should receive life-long follow-up
- Revised Staging System Prognostic for Multiple Myeloma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|