Approximately 97% of men with advanced prostate cancer report being comfortable discussing their symptoms with their health care team. But the number of men who actually do so is significantly lower.
Many patients place too high a value on the effectiveness of tumor markers in demonstrating their posttreatment status. Even after offering a detailed explanation of the true worth of these tests, the author's patient still wants to know, "Are you going to order my tumor markers?"
Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Clinical trials could benefit from a greater number of participants with a dedicated cooperative network to support rural community cancer centers.
After participating in a mission trip, an oncology nurse realizes she got more out of her African adventure than she gave to the children of the small village outside Nairobi, Kenya.
Have you ever felt the lasting effect of overhearing an offhand criticism about a clinical decision you made? This nurse reminds her colleagues that they need to advocate for their care as well as their patients.
End-of-life care and decisions can be difficult for health care providers. Consulting the ethics committee can provide needed support for the final decision.
An opportunity to put basic clinical skills to the test demonstrates the depth of nursing skills for this nurse.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
A young boy is determined to get the answers to questions about his father's radiation treatments, and the treatment team is happy to oblige.
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|