Approximately 97% of men with advanced prostate cancer report being comfortable discussing their symptoms with their health care team. But the number of men who actually do so is significantly lower.
Many patients place too high a value on the effectiveness of tumor markers in demonstrating their posttreatment status. Even after offering a detailed explanation of the true worth of these tests, the author's patient still wants to know, "Are you going to order my tumor markers?"
Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Clinical trials could benefit from a greater number of participants with a dedicated cooperative network to support rural community cancer centers.
After participating in a mission trip, an oncology nurse realizes she got more out of her African adventure than she gave to the children of the small village outside Nairobi, Kenya.
Have you ever felt the lasting effect of overhearing an offhand criticism about a clinical decision you made? This nurse reminds her colleagues that they need to advocate for their care as well as their patients.
End-of-life care and decisions can be difficult for health care providers. Consulting the ethics committee can provide needed support for the final decision.
An opportunity to put basic clinical skills to the test demonstrates the depth of nursing skills for this nurse.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
A young boy is determined to get the answers to questions about his father's radiation treatments, and the treatment team is happy to oblige.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including Informal Caregivers of Elderly in Discharge Process Reduces Readmission Risk
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- CQGS Releases Standards for Surgical Care of Older Adults
- Radiation Protocol Deviations Linked to Worse Outcomes in Pediatric Brain Malignancy
- Use of Counseling, Surgery Rates Show Limited Physician Knowledge of Breast Cancer Genetic Testing
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|