Approximately 97% of men with advanced prostate cancer report being comfortable discussing their symptoms with their health care team. But the number of men who actually do so is significantly lower.
Many patients place too high a value on the effectiveness of tumor markers in demonstrating their posttreatment status. Even after offering a detailed explanation of the true worth of these tests, the author's patient still wants to know, "Are you going to order my tumor markers?"
Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Clinical trials could benefit from a greater number of participants with a dedicated cooperative network to support rural community cancer centers.
After participating in a mission trip, an oncology nurse realizes she got more out of her African adventure than she gave to the children of the small village outside Nairobi, Kenya.
Have you ever felt the lasting effect of overhearing an offhand criticism about a clinical decision you made? This nurse reminds her colleagues that they need to advocate for their care as well as their patients.
End-of-life care and decisions can be difficult for health care providers. Consulting the ethics committee can provide needed support for the final decision.
An opportunity to put basic clinical skills to the test demonstrates the depth of nursing skills for this nurse.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
A young boy is determined to get the answers to questions about his father's radiation treatments, and the treatment team is happy to oblige.
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Yoga Provides Mental, Emotional, and Physical Benefits for Patients With Cancer
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Rates of PSA Screening and Early Stage Prostate Cancer Are Declining
- Use of Genomic Testing in Breast Cancer Has Greater Impact on Treatment, Costs
- Timing Matters for Pegfilgrastim Administration
- Estrogen Plus Progestin Use Increases ER+ Breast Cancer Risk in African American Women
- CSF1R Inhibition May Ease Debilitating Adverse Event of Ovarian Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|