Approximately 97% of men with advanced prostate cancer report being comfortable discussing their symptoms with their health care team. But the number of men who actually do so is significantly lower.
Many patients place too high a value on the effectiveness of tumor markers in demonstrating their posttreatment status. Even after offering a detailed explanation of the true worth of these tests, the author's patient still wants to know, "Are you going to order my tumor markers?"
Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Clinical trials could benefit from a greater number of participants with a dedicated cooperative network to support rural community cancer centers.
After participating in a mission trip, an oncology nurse realizes she got more out of her African adventure than she gave to the children of the small village outside Nairobi, Kenya.
Have you ever felt the lasting effect of overhearing an offhand criticism about a clinical decision you made? This nurse reminds her colleagues that they need to advocate for their care as well as their patients.
End-of-life care and decisions can be difficult for health care providers. Consulting the ethics committee can provide needed support for the final decision.
An opportunity to put basic clinical skills to the test demonstrates the depth of nursing skills for this nurse.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
A young boy is determined to get the answers to questions about his father's radiation treatments, and the treatment team is happy to oblige.
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Adherence to Tamoxifen, AIs Among Older Women is Low, Study Shows
- Replacing Neoadjuvant CRT with Multiagent Chemo Not Recommended for Rectal Cancer
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Infection-related Complications in ALL
- Immune Checkpoint-Related Neurotoxicity May Be More Common During Combination Treatment
- New Recommendations for Secondary Prevention of Cervical Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|