Delayed radiation therapy (RT) after surgery significantly increased the risk of recurrent disease in women treated for very early breast cancer.
Prolonged nightly fasting may reduce the risk of recurrence for patients with breast cancer.
Among women aged up to 49 years with a pregnancy-associated melanoma, recurrence rates were higher than seen in other groups.
Reliance on PET to Detect Lung or Esophageal Cancer Recurrence May Lead to Overuse of the Imaging ModalityMarch 09, 2016
In posttreatment follow-up of lung and esophageal cancer, PET scans might be overused to detect cancer recurrence. Furthermore, PET scan use to detect recurrence does not increase survival.
No increase in locoregional recurrence, systemic recurrence, or second breast cancer observed following breast lipofilling procedure.
A simple blood test can identify post-chemo patients with the NPM1 gene mutation.
No significant difference in survival was observed with VTE, but odds of esophageal cancer ecurrence are increased.
Cancer-induced Weakness in Immune System May Be Key to HER2+ Breast Cancer Recurrence, and PreventionJanuary 12, 2016
T cells from patients whose breast cancer had recently recurred showed weak response to the HER2 receptor protein, according to a recent study. The study findings suggest that immune status monitoring may be used to gauge the risk of recurrence.
High Remission Rate Seen With Arsenic Trioxide Consolidation for Children With Acute Promyelocytic LeukemiaDecember 06, 2015
Increased rates of event-free surviva were seen with lthe use of arsenic trioxide consolidation for children newly diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL).
Incurable astrocytomas grow into healthy brain tissue like mycelium. Therefore, these tumors cannot be completely removed by surgery and invariably start growing again at some point despite intensive treatment.
In the study, management was changed in 44% more cases by Use of the imaging agent Ga-68 PSMA with PET/CT resulted in a change in management of prostate cancer in 44% more cases than with another widely used agent.
Shutting down the healing action of certain white blood cells triggered by chemotherapy may help prevent the spread of cancer.
Circulating tumor DNA analysis spots stray cells months before scans detect breast cancer recurrence.
Women diagnosed with breast cancer and treated with a one-week regimen of partial breast radiation after tumor removal saw no increase in cancer recurrence or difference in cosmetic outcomes.
The risk of disease recurrence in liver cancer patients who have undergone a liver transplant can now be more accurately calculated, thanks to new tool.
Women with stage 1 HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were unlikely to suffer cancer recurrence within 3 years of treatment.
A genetic test has been developed to identify which men are at higher risk for prostate cancer recurrence after localized treatment with surgery or radiotherapy.
Findings suggest that elevated levels of cholesterol and triglycerides may be linked with greater risk of the prostate cancer recurrence, but normalization of blood fats may reduce risk.
Reducing carbohydrate intake could reduce the risk of breast cancer recurrence among women whose tumor tissue is positive for the insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF1) receptor, according to a new study.
Concerned about the associations between obesity, diabetes, and cancer risk, researchers examined the links between carbohydrate intake and breast cancer risk.
The likelihood that patients will suffer a return of colon cancer more than doubles if they eat fish less than twice a week, or if they get less than 60 minutes of moderate exercise a week.
For patients with noninvasive urothelial carcinoma, three DNA methylation markers are able to accurately predict tumor recurrence, according to a study.
Positive margins linked to two-fold increased risk of ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence, according to consensus guidelines.
Patients with stage III or IV melanoma who have not received treatment with BRAF inhibitors remain at risk for developing new primary melanomas (NPMs).
Tumor levels were associated with PTC recurrence, and circulating levels were linked to presence of cancer.
A biomarker based on the expression levels of seven tumor-specific genes was able to accurately assess the risk for breast cancer recurrence beyond the first 5 years of treatment.
A telephone-delivered program, CanChange, helped survivors of colorectal cancer be more physically active, maintain their body weight, and have a healthier diet, according to a new study.
The breast cancer index (BCI) was the only one of three methods compared that predicted the risk for recurrence in women treated for estrogen-receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer.
Adding to the picture of what prompts breast cancer to form, researchers have found that distant estrogen response elements can act independently of oncogenes to spur tumor development.
Higher coffee consumption is linked to lower risk of prostate cancer recurrence/progression.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- In HER2+ Breast Cancer, Higher TIL Levels Associated With Improved OS
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|