Longer survival was achieved with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone than with whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) in patients with fewer than 4 brain metastases from NSCLC or breast cancer.
Radiosurgery and close monitoring is recommended to better preserve cognitive function in newly diagnosed brain metastases.
Survival improved by stereotactic radiosurgery alone in adults under 50 years with limited brain metastasesOctober 09, 2013
Overall survival was improved for adults age 50 years and younger with brain cancer who were treated with stereotactic radiosurgery that was not combined with whole-brain radiotherapy.
Tumor separation surgery followed by high-dose hypofractionated stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) or high-dose single-fraction SRS is safe and effective in controlling spinal metastases regardless of the radiosensitivity of the particular tumor type that has invaded the spine.
Presentations on emerging standards of care in radiotherapy from the Future of Radiation Medicine 2011 symposium are reviewed.
External irradiation modalities can maximize radiation doses to tumor tissue while minimizing radiation dose to healthy tissues.
Survival rates increase for patients who are treated with Gamma Knife radiosurgery, according to results of a study presented at the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) meeting in Chicago.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|