It is important that patients are advised early about the effect radiotherapy toxicity can have on their sexual anatomy and overall sexual health.
For patients with radiation-induced xerostomia, ALTENS may reduce symptom burden with less side effects than current standard treatment.
New templates from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) will augment successful cancer survivorship care planning. But a stronger effort toward implementation is still needed.
Radiosurgery and close monitoring is recommended to better preserve cognitive function in newly diagnosed brain metastases.
mFOLFOX6 administered concurrently with radiation therapy resulted in a higher pathological complete response in rectal cancer.
When is chemotherapy or radium 223 the optimal treatment for men with advanced prostate cancer?
Interstitial lung disease appears to be a risk factor for radiation pneumonitis, a potentially life-threatening adverse effect of radiotherapy to the chest and thorax.
[Cancer Management and Research] Secondary cancer risk following radiotherapy is an increasingly important topic in clinical oncology with impact on treatment decision making and on patient management.
Radiogenomics is maturing into a predictor of patients' likelihood of experiencing radiotoxicities and late radiation effects.
Psychosocial decline occurs in an estimated one-third of patients undergoing radiotherapy for cancer. These declines may sometimes be ameliorated by vigilant recognition of the need to refer patients for psychosocial support interventions.
Radiation to the lymph nodes as well as the standard treatment of whole-breast irradiation after breast-conserving surgery does not confer an overall survival benefit.
The effect of irradiation of regional nodes in patients with stage I, II, or III breast cancer on overall survival is very limited, according to a study.
The first test that analyzes the sensitivity of tumors to radiation therapy has been developed.
Early FDG-PET adapted treatment improves the outcome of early FDG-PET-positive patients with stages I/II Hodgkin lymphoma, according to the results of a randomized trial.
Two studies show benefits for hypofractionated versus conventionally fractionated whole-breast irradiation.
Higher radiation dose is associated with improved survival rates among men with medium- and high-risk prostate cancer.
A new study is testing a new combination treatment that uses directly applied radiation to ease the pain from cancer that has spread to the spine.
Women diagnosed with breast cancer and treated with a one-week regimen of partial breast radiation after tumor removal saw no increase in cancer recurrence or difference in cosmetic outcomes.
Patients with an advanced form of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) may benefit from surgical resection of all or part of the lung if combined with chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Administering AKT inhibitors in combination with radiotherapy could bolster its effectiveness across a wide range of cancers, according to a study.
- Overweight breast cancer survivors treated with tamoxifen may have higher risk for arm lymphedema
- Poor survival in multiple myeloma patients linked to genetic variation
- Unraveling of molecular changes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) opens new treatment options
- Profile of neratinib and its potential in the treatment of breast cancer
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Race and institutional factors play important roles in pharmacogenomics trial participation
- Research group looking to bring Cuba's lung cancer vaccine to the United States
- Patients with advanced cancer prefer open, effective communication
- 26 percent of senior oncology patients use alternative therapies
- Older, younger patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer have similar survival
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|