Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
Guidelines and novel approaches are helping clinicians to more effectively manage this debilitating side effect of radiation treatment for cancer.
It is important that patients are advised early about the effect radiotherapy toxicity can have on their sexual anatomy and overall sexual health.
For patients with radiation-induced xerostomia, ALTENS may reduce symptom burden with less side effects than current standard treatment.
New templates from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) will augment successful cancer survivorship care planning. But a stronger effort toward implementation is still needed.
Radiosurgery and close monitoring is recommended to better preserve cognitive function in newly diagnosed brain metastases.
mFOLFOX6 administered concurrently with radiation therapy resulted in a higher pathological complete response in rectal cancer.
When is chemotherapy or radium 223 the optimal treatment for men with advanced prostate cancer?
Interstitial lung disease appears to be a risk factor for radiation pneumonitis, a potentially life-threatening adverse effect of radiotherapy to the chest and thorax.
American College of Radiology (ACR) Releases Updated Appropriateness Criteria, Including 3 New Criteria
American College of Radiology updated its Appropriateness Criteria for 19 topics, including 3 new criteria. These guidelines assist clinicians in the most efficacious use of radiology.
A radiotherapeutic bandage is being evaluated by researchers for efficacy against squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) in an animal model. Their results could confirm the viability of a new and improved strategy for the radiotherapeutic treatment of skin cancer in the clinic.
The cost of treatment for low-risk prostate cancer varies widely. A new study examined the cost of care from when a patient checks in for his first appointment through his posttreatment follow-up testing via the use of time-driven activity-based costing.
Treatment with stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) was well-tolerated by patients whose non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) tumors were located centrally in the chest and who were not candidates for surgery.
Overall survival in men with rising PSA levels after prostatectomy for prostate cancer was statistically improved by adding a 24-month course of AAT during and after salvage radiotherapy, compared with salvage radiotherapy alone.
Clinical trial results confirm that newly diagnosed early stage prostate cancer can be treated with hypofractionated radiotherapy and experience the same level of cancer control as those treated with conventional radiotherapy.
The search for evidence to support the growing use of proton therapy for more cancers continues to uncover valuable findings. New data from clinical trials demonstrate the potential advantages of proton therapy over conventional radiation for pancreatic cancer, late-stage non-small cell lung cancer, chordoma, and chondrosarcoma.
An analysis of an international, cooperative-led trial of patients with locally advanced NSCLC has shown that those who received IMRT had less severe lung toxicity and were able to better tolerate their chemotherapy, compared with patients who received 3-D CRT.
Use of irreversible electroporation (IRE) doubles survival time for patients with locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
The first study to examine the effects of combined radiation and chemotherapy on the healthy brain tissue of glioblastoma patients has revealed specific structural brain changes.
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Yoga May Reduce Side Effects in Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Protein Biomarker Assays for Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer May Show Inaccurate Readings
- Cancer Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation: What Will It Take for These Services to Catch On?
- New Model for Breast Cancer Risk in Hispanic Women Is the First to be Based Exclusively on Data From Hispanic Women
- Blood Sample New Way of Detecting Cancer
- Liquid Biopsy of Cerebrospinal Fluid More Effective in Managing Brain Tumors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|