A growing proportion of cancer patients are elderly—creating a demographic shift with important implications for cancer care, including radiotherapy. Integrating geriatric care into oncology nursing has never been more important.
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Sleep patterns and habits should be a part of oncology nurses' routine patient assessment, as sleep disorders can be a significant challenge for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
Nasal spray effectively relieves intense breakthrough pain associated with radiotherapy planning and treatment.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
An antiscarring paste halted the fibrosis caused by the radiation used in cancer therapy when applied to the skin of mice, according to early findings of a recent study.
Tumor Location and Duration of Therapy Influence Palliative Effects of Radiation Therapy for Painful Bone Metastases
In a review of the Dutch Bone Metastasis Study results, stratified for primary tumor location, palliative radiation therapy was found to reduce pain and improve quality of life for some patients.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
A healthy immune system may be the key to effective radiation therapy for cancer patients.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
Researchers report their study findings on the safety of omitting radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery, sentinel node biopsy, and adjuvant endocrine therapy in older patients with early breast cancer and favorable histopathology at SABCS 2016.
Researchers report on the feasibility of a nurse-led sexual rehabilitation intervention to target sexual recovery and vaginal dilation in women who underwent pelvic radiation therapy and brachytherapy for gynecologic cancers.
IMRT was associated with lower rates of severe pneumonitis and cardiac doses compared with 3D-CRT in patients with locally advanced NSCLC.
Radiotherapy administered postoperatively within 1 year of radical prostatectomy was associated with worse functional outcomes compared with radiotherapy administered 1 year or more after surgery.
Side effects experienced with extremely hypofractionated treatment for intermediate-risk prostate cancer were comparable to those of conventional radiation therapy at 2 years after treatment.
Patients with early stage breast cancer who received breast-conserving surgery and were eligible for observation were more likely to undergo adjuvant radiotherapy in facilities performing APBI.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society for Radiation Oncology, and Society of Surgical Oncology have issued a joint consensus guideline update for the use of radiotherapy following mastectomy in patients with breast cancer.
Disease-specific mortality rates for men with prostate cancer are comparable for 3 treatment options: active surveillance, radical prostatectomy, and external-beam radiotherapy.
Novel technique uses injected microbubbles for dosimetry in radiation therapy in patients with cancer.
Adding WBRT to dexamethasone and best supportive care provides little additional benefit for patients with NSCLC and brain metastases who are ineligible to undergo resection or stereotactic radiotherapy.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|