Radiation And Your Patient
Twice daily radiation therapy with chemotherapy may improve survival times in patients with some advanced head and neck cancers, a new study confirms.
Palliative radiotherapy for bone metastases is safe, effective — but controversy persists for single-fraction treatment.
A new tool may enable oncologists to deliver radiation therapy targeted to a tumor's biology and radiosensitivity, similar to how anticancer agents target specific tumor mutation-affected gene pathways.
A recent paper on the future of radiation oncology reports on the trend toward a greater role for shared decision making and patient-reported outcomes, such as the interrelated benchmarks of patient satisfaction, engagement, and treatment-plan adherence.
A growing proportion of cancer patients are elderly—creating a demographic shift with important implications for cancer care, including radiotherapy. Integrating geriatric care into oncology nursing has never been more important.
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Nasal spray effectively relieves intense breakthrough pain associated with radiotherapy planning and treatment.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
Guidelines and novel approaches are helping clinicians to more effectively manage this debilitating side effect of radiation treatment for cancer.
- Ixazomib, a New PI, Offers Improved Efficacy With Acceptable Toxicity Profile for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Acupuncture May Improve Fatigue in Patients with Lung Cancer
- "Light" Cigarettes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- A Review of CDK4/6 Toxicities and Interactions Management in Breast Cancer
- Neuropathic Cancer Pain Linked to Reduced Quality of Life
- Dexamethasone-Induced Hiccups in Chemotherapy May be Prevented by Rotating to Methylprednisolone
- New Evidence Shows Metastases May Spread Independently of Lymph Nodes
- Long Term Survivors of Prostate Cancer Express Treatment Decision Regret for Up to 15 Years
- FDA Expands Clearance for Cooling Cap Use With Chemotherapy for Solid Tumors
- Recommendations for Vaccine Administration During Chemotherapy
- Risk for Prostate Cancer Not Associated With Vasectomy, Meta-analysis Affirms
- Disease-Free Survival After Breast Cancer Comparable With Exemestane, Sequential Tamoxifen/Exemestane
- Treating the Other "Patient": Depressive Symptoms Are Predictive of Declining Physical Health in Caregivers
- Oropharyngeal Mucositis Pain Effectively Relieved With Indomethacin Oral Spray
- Opioids Overprescribed in Patients Undergoing Surgery
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|