Radiation and Your Patient
Skilled radiologists see abnormalities immediately, and researchers want to learn how they do it.
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Chemoradiation Combination Could Preserve Larynx in Patients With Laryngeal and Hypolaryngeal Cancer
Researchers assessed the rates of laryngeal preservation and laryngectomy-free survival in patients with laryngeal or hypopharyngeal cancer who received the monoclonal antibody cetuximab and radiation therapy or radiation therapy alone.
As salvage radiotherapy (SRT) outcomes may be affected by factors associated with prostatectomy findings, they may be positively affected when used at lower prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels.
Preliminary results of a prospective, phase II trial show that once-daily accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) effectively prevented recurrence of cancer in the treated breast at a median 34 months after treatment.
Sleep patterns and habits should be a part of oncology nurses' routine patient assessment, as sleep disorders can be a significant challenge for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
Laser heat may soon be an option to treat prostate cancer. Focal laser ablation has been found both feasible and safe in men with intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Surgery for early stage small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is rarely used. However, results from a population-based database has shown surgery with adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiation for node-negative SCLC was associated with better survival compared with concurrent chemoradiation, according to a presentation at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Combining radiation treatments with a new generation of immunotherapies is showing promise in the treatment of melanoma, according to a recent review.
Patients with stage IIA testicular cancer gain a survival advantage from treatment with radiation therapy compared with chemotherapy.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Prevalence of Financial Conflicts of Interest Among Guideline Authors Is Significant
- Perceived Barriers Associated With Adherence to Aromatase Inhibitors
- ACA Is Helping Americans Afford Prescriptions
- Rolapitant Improves QoL in Patients Receiving HEC or MEC
- Genomic Sequencing Data May Widen Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|