Radiation and Your Patient
Disease-specific mortality rates for men with prostate cancer are comparable for 3 treatment options: active surveillance, radical prostatectomy, and external-beam radiotherapy.
Novel technique uses injected microbubbles for dosimetry in radiation therapy in patients with cancer.
Skilled radiologists see abnormalities immediately, and researchers want to learn how they do it.
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Chemoradiation Combination Could Preserve Larynx in Patients With Laryngeal and Hypolaryngeal Cancer
Researchers assessed the rates of laryngeal preservation and laryngectomy-free survival in patients with laryngeal or hypopharyngeal cancer who received the monoclonal antibody cetuximab and radiation therapy or radiation therapy alone.
As salvage radiotherapy (SRT) outcomes may be affected by factors associated with prostatectomy findings, they may be positively affected when used at lower prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels.
Preliminary results of a prospective, phase II trial show that once-daily accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) effectively prevented recurrence of cancer in the treated breast at a median 34 months after treatment.
Sleep patterns and habits should be a part of oncology nurses' routine patient assessment, as sleep disorders can be a significant challenge for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
Laser heat may soon be an option to treat prostate cancer. Focal laser ablation has been found both feasible and safe in men with intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Surgery for early stage small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is rarely used. However, results from a population-based database has shown surgery with adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiation for node-negative SCLC was associated with better survival compared with concurrent chemoradiation, according to a presentation at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Ruxolitinib: A Targeted Treatment Option for Patients with Polycythemia Vera
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Robotic Surgery Provides Good Outcomes and Survival in Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Ruxolitinib Effective as Long-term Treatment Option for Polycythemia Vera
- Definitive IMRT Associated With Shorter Feeding Tube Placement Duration in HNC
- SBRT Improves Overall and Disease-Specific Survival in Stage I NSCLC
- Patients Receiving RT in APBI Facilities Despite Eligibility for Observation
- Prolonged Imatinib Therapy Improves Likelihood of Deeper Molecular Response
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|