Radiation and Your Patient
Laser heat may soon be an option to treat prostate cancer. Focal laser ablation has been found both feasible and safe in men with intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Surgery for early stage small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is rarely used. However, results from a population-based database has shown surgery with adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiation for node-negative SCLC was associated with better survival compared with concurrent chemoradiation, according to a presentation at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Combining radiation treatments with a new generation of immunotherapies is showing promise in the treatment of melanoma, according to a recent review.
Patients with stage IIA testicular cancer gain a survival advantage from treatment with radiation therapy compared with chemotherapy.
Increased Risk of Noncancer Deaths Associated with Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Lung Cancer
High doses of SBRT, particularly to the left atrium of the heart and the superior vena cava, are associated with a small but increased risk of death from noncancer causes in patients with early stage NSCLC.
Adding an immune system-strengthening compound to radiation therapy can extend the immune response that the radiation therapy induces, so that both irradiated tumor sites and tumors outside the radiation field are affected.
Delayed radiation therapy (RT) after surgery significantly increased the risk of recurrent disease in women treated for very early breast cancer.
Longer survival was achieved with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone than with whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) in patients with fewer than 4 brain metastases from NSCLC or breast cancer.
The addition of chemotherapy to radiation therapy prolonged survival in adults with grade 2 glial brain tumors.
New technology has enabled doctors to administer higher doses of radiation to prostate cancer tumors with fewer side effects; however, escalating the dose of radiation may not help patients with localized prostate cancer in the long term.
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Preoperative Breast MRI Affected by Patient Positioning
- Topical Skin Creams Are Effective in Treatment of Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
- Extent of Resection Influences Length of Progression-Free Survival in Glioblastoma
- Surgery Improves Survival in Metastatic Kidney Cancer, But Is Little Used
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Safe as Standard of Care in Patients With HIV-Associated Lymphoma
- Surgery Improves Quality of Life for Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|