Radiation and Your Patient
A new tool may enable oncologists to deliver radiation therapy targeted to a tumor's biology and radiosensitivity, similar to how anticancer agents target specific tumor mutation-affected gene pathways.
A recent paper on the future of radiation oncology reports on the trend toward a greater role for shared decision making and patient-reported outcomes, such as the interrelated benchmarks of patient satisfaction, engagement, and treatment-plan adherence.
A growing proportion of cancer patients are elderly—creating a demographic shift with important implications for cancer care, including radiotherapy. Integrating geriatric care into oncology nursing has never been more important.
Side effects experienced with extremely hypofractionated treatment for intermediate-risk prostate cancer were comparable to those of conventional radiation therapy at 2 years after treatment.
Disease-specific mortality rates for men with prostate cancer are comparable for 3 treatment options: active surveillance, radical prostatectomy, and external-beam radiotherapy.
Novel technique uses injected microbubbles for dosimetry in radiation therapy in patients with cancer.
Skilled radiologists see abnormalities immediately, and researchers want to learn how they do it.
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Chemoradiation Combination Could Preserve Larynx in Patients With Laryngeal and Hypolaryngeal Cancer
Researchers assessed the rates of laryngeal preservation and laryngectomy-free survival in patients with laryngeal or hypopharyngeal cancer who received the monoclonal antibody cetuximab and radiation therapy or radiation therapy alone.
As salvage radiotherapy (SRT) outcomes may be affected by factors associated with prostatectomy findings, they may be positively affected when used at lower prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|