Radiation and Your Patient
A report from a phase 3 study on the 5-year failure-free survival of women with endometrial cancer treated with radiation therapy alone vs chemoradiotherapy plus adjuvant chemotherapy.
Propensity score-matched study compared adjuvant radiotherapy with surveillance and early-salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy in men with prostate cancer.
In an effort to find alternatives to cisplatin as a radiation sensitizer, due to its dose-dependent toxicity and resistance, researchers are exploring food-based options such as blueberry extract.
Cardio-oncology is an emerging interdisciplinary practice poised to address care patients who need concurrent cancer and cardiovascular disease therapies as well as the late effects of cancer and cancer treatments.
A phase 2, randomized study investigated the effectiveness of oral curcumin, a component of turmeric, in reducing radiation dermatitis severity in patients undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Combining radiotherapy and immunotherapy has shown early promise against some advanced cancers, but oncology nurses need to be wary of potential overlapping toxicity profiles from each of these treatment modalities.
Researchers present findings of a phase 2 study that compared PFS when SBRT is administered prior to maintenance chemotherapy in patients with limited metastatic NSCLC vs chemotherapy alone. Data was presented at ASTRO 59th Annual Meeting.
Results of a recent study demonstrated overall survival was better among women who underwent breast-conserving surgery vs mastectomy. Furthermore, best overall survival was achieved with adjuvant radiotherapy in the former group and systemic therapy in the latter group.
A look at the significant influence of age-adjusted prognoses and treatment priorities for radiation therapy in the oldest patients with cancer.
The researchers found that the majority of patients had no frank detectable cognitive impairment after undergoing skull base irradiation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Cisplatin-Induced Adverse Events in Osteosarcoma Not Improved With Pantoprazole
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|