Radiation and Your Patient
Longer survival was achieved with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone than with whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) in patients with fewer than 4 brain metastases from NSCLC or breast cancer.
The addition of chemotherapy to radiation therapy prolonged survival in adults with grade 2 glial brain tumors.
New technology has enabled doctors to administer higher doses of radiation to prostate cancer tumors with fewer side effects; however, escalating the dose of radiation may not help patients with localized prostate cancer in the long term.
Nasal spray effectively relieves intense breakthrough pain associated with radiotherapy planning and treatment.
A new clinical trial aims to apply advanced image analysis techniques to 4D CT scans. Already a standard step in targeting lung cancer radiotherapy, the trial seeks to use the scans map areas of lung function without additional testing.
With long-term follow-up, letrozole can be safely administered concomitantly with adjuvant breast radiotherapy in postmenopausal patients with stage 1 to 2 breast cancer.
Radiotherapy is the most effective single modality for local control of Hodgkin lymphoma. Involved site radiotherapy is a recent innovation intended to reduce the risk of late effects—an urgent goal, particularly for adolescent and young adult patients.
A healthy immune system may be the key to effective radiation therapy for cancer patients.
Low-income women in Medicaid expansion states in the United States are more likely to undergo breast cancer screening than those in nonexpansion states, according to a study presented at RSNA 2015.
American College of Radiology (ACR) Releases Updated Appropriateness Criteria, Including 3 New Criteria
American College of Radiology updated its Appropriateness Criteria for 19 topics, including 3 new criteria. These guidelines assist clinicians in the most efficacious use of radiology.
- Phase 1 Study Results Show CAR T-cell Therapy Promising in Solid Brain Tumors
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Follow-up Calls, Clinician Assessment May Identify Patients Who Need Adherence Support
- A Review of Systemic Treatment in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Precision Medicine Resource Center Improves Patient Education
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Acupuncture Improves Management of Hot Flashes, Quality of Life in Breast Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Lower Risk of Cancer in Women
- Getting Started: Implementation of an Oncology Navigation Program That Meets Community Needs
- Previous Cancers Linked to Higher Rates for Death and New Cancers in Organ Transplantation Recipients
- Risk for Fatal Cardiovascular Events Not Increased in Patients With Breast Cancer Taking Aromatase Inhibitors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Proactive management strategies for potential gastrointestinal adverse reactions with ceritinib in patients with advanced ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer
- Disparities in Gut Microbiome Could Lead to Biomarkers for Estrogen-driven Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|