Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg, 80mcg; per actuation; non-aqueous nasal spray soln.
Indications for QNASL:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: 1 spray (40mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 2 sprays per day. ≥12yrs: 2 sprays (80mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 4 sprays per day.
Avoid in recent nasal septal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma until healed. Monitor periodically for possible changes in nasal mucosa or Candida infection with long-term use. Discontinue if nasal erosion/ulceration or Candida infection occur (treat with local therapy). Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, blurred vision, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Untreated infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with intranasal corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor for hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes, mouth and face. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, epistaxis, headache, pyrexia, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Aerosol 40mcg—4.9g (60 actuations), 8.7g (120 actuations); 80mcg—8.7g (120 actuations)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|