Generic Name and Formulations:
Dornase alfa (recombinant human DNase) 1mg/mL; soln for inh; preservative-free.
Indications for PULMOZYME:
Management of cystic fibrosis in conjunction with standard therapies to improve pulmonary function.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. Use appropriate nebulizer. Do not dilute. >5yrs: 2.5mg once daily via nebulization; may increase to 2.5mg twice daily (see literature).
For patients <5yrs of age, use only if there is a potential for benefit in pulmonary function or in risk of respiratory tract infection. Use only with recommended nebulizers. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Pharyngitis, voice alteration, laryngitis, rash, chest pain, conjunctivitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|