Protamine sulfate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protamine sulfate 10mg/mL; soln for inj; preservative-free.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for Protamine sulfate:
Treatment of heparin overdose.
Give by slow IV inj over 10 mins. Determine dose by coagulation studies; dose requirement decreases with time elapsed after heparin administration. 1mg neutralizes ≥100units of heparin; max 50mg/dose.
Avoid rapid administration. Fish allergy. Previous exposure to protamine (including insulin). Severe left ventricular dysfunction. Abnormal pulmonary hemodynamics. Previous vasectomy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Incompatible with certain antibiotics (eg, cephalosporins, penicillins).
Hypotension, bradycardia, transient flushing, feeling of warmth, dyspnea, GI upset, lassitude, pulmonary edema, anaphylaxis, cardiovascular collapse, pulmonary vasoconstriction, pulmonary hypertension.
Vial (5mL)—25; 25mL—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|