Weight loss associated with bariatric surgery could reduce risk of hormone-related cancers, but an increased risk for colorectal cancer was seen in patients who underwent gastric bypass.
In updating its 2012 recommendations, the US Preventive Services Task Force changes its stance on PSA-based screening for prostate cancer in men older than 50. The new guidelines advocate for a patient-physician discussion of the benefits of testing vs the potential harms.
Latest findings do not confirm an overall survival (OS) benefit found in a previous randomized phase 2 trial.
The addition of mitoxantrone and prednisone (MP) to adjuvant androgen-deprivation therapy did not increase survival among patients with high-risk prostate cancer.
A meta-analysis of 11 studies revealed the effects of smoking outcomes of primary radical radiotherapy or radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.
Researchers report on a study investigating effects of ADT on prostate cancer health-related quality of life, sexual function, sexual bother, and mood for patients with prostate cancer and their partners.
Interestingly, red and white wine to not affect prostate cancer risk the same way.
The decision to undergo periodic PSA screening for prostate cancer should be an individual one for men aged 55 to 69 years, according to the recommendation statement.
In an analysis of data from the SEER program, researchers determined that early detection of prostate cancer has let to an improvement in the number of men presenting with metastatic prostate cancer.
A review of shared decision making with men about undergoing PSA testing revealed that although full SDM discussions are increasing, variations in whether these discussions occur and how much information is shared still exist.
Finasteride recipients had a 21.1% decreased risk of prostate cancer compared with placebo recipients, researchers found.
Researchers conducted a randomized clinical study of men to determine the impact of PSA screening on prostate cancer detection and mortality.
The researchers found that the choice to undergo future screenings appeared to be influenced by previous false-positive results for both men and women.
Results of a prospective study of patients with breast or prostate cancer demonstrate the impact of taxane-based chemotherapy on quality of life.
In an evaluation of SEER-Medicare data, researchers sought to determine the benefits of extreme use of monitoring in patients with metastatic prostate cancer at the end of life on survival outcomes, quality of life, and costs.
ADT recipients reported worse subjective sleep disturbance, researchers found.
According to the FDA, the drug approval is the first to use the end point of metastasis-free survival.
Aggressive therapy does not appear to be more beneficial than conservative androgen deprivation therapy alone, according to a study.
1. In this randomized controlled trial, men who were screened with a single PSA test had higher diagnoses of prostate cancer than those who were unscreened. 2. There was no difference in mortality between the two groups. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: In the era of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening, there has been 
Researchers sought to determine the effect single PSA testing had on prostate cancer diagnosis, mortality, and all-cause mortality.
At $225 million per system, the precision of proton beam radiotherapy is not necessarily overshadowing its high costs. Yet ongoing studies seek to determine how this technology fits into current treatment regimens for prostate, breast, and other cancers.
Long-distance travel was more strongly associated with definitive prostate SBRT use, researchers found.
SPARTAN phase 3 study shows that apalutamide prolongs metastasis-free survival and time to symptomatic progression compared with placebo among men with nonmetastatic CRPC.
Those with pancreatic adenocarcinoma and a personal history of another cancer associated with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer or Lynch syndrome may be more likely to carry germline mutations.
Researchers present findings of a comparison of daily image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) vs a weekly regimen in patients with N0 localized prostate cancer at the 2018 GU Cancers Symposium.
Rates of erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence at 1, 2, and 3 years after radical surgery are not higher among men who have multiple prostate biopsies while on active surveillance for prostate cancer.
Propensity score-matched study compared adjuvant radiotherapy with surveillance and early-salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy in men with prostate cancer.
Data from the phase 3 SPARTAN trial prompted the FDA's Priority Review designation for apalutamide.
In a small but meaningful number of patients, Gleason pattern 4 disease missed by MRI and systematic biopsy is present outside the focal ablation zone.
Hypogonadal men who received testosterone replacement therapy had a lower incidence of prostate cancer than those who did not, and their cancers were less severe.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|