Prostate Cancer News & Features
Postsurgical radiation therapy for prostate cancer at risk of recurrence is declining in the United States, despite evidence that it can be helpful.
For men with nonmetastatic castration resistant prostate cancer with a negative bone scan after diagnosis, factors associated with a second bone scan include higher PSA, shorter PSA doubling time, and faster PSA velocity; but under- and over-imaging may also be a factor.
An inexpensive, quick-result test has been shown in recently published studies to be more sensitive and more exacting than the current standard test for early stage prostate cancer.
Men with prostate cancer who received permanent radioactive implants (brachytherapy) were twice as likely to be cancer-free 5 years later.
Implementation of video-based decision aids for men lowered rates of elective surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and decreased rates of active treatment for localized prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer Videos
- Previvorship: Managing Cancer Risk Decisions in Unaffected BRCA-positive Women
- Low vitamin D linked to worse prognosis in a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Risk of ovarian cancer may differ by type of BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation
- Factors Affecting Women's Election to Undergo Bilateral Mastectomy Identified
- New treatment options discovered for colorectal tumors
- Exercise slows tumor growth and improves chemotherapy
- Educational Walk Through Colon Promotes Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Function of a micron filter
- Kaizen Huddle Boards Enhance Patient Care, Reduces Waste in Ambulatory Center
- Validating Chemotherapy Administration Feasible with Simulation-Based Evaluation
- Palliative radiotherapy: An evolving centerpiece of supportive care
- Use of postsurgical radiotherapy for prostate cancer declining despite evidence of benefit
- Vivekananda Yoga program may improve patients' mental health
- Surgery still common, but outcomes slightly better for terminal cancer
- Purity of herbal supplements
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|