Prostate Cancer News & Features
Researchers in Sweden have, for the first time, estimated the risk of developing various types of prostate cancer for men with brothers and/or fathers with the disease.
Analysis of proteins identified in urine has led to the discovery of proteomic signatures for prostate cancer that have the potential to serve as highly accurate noninvasive biomarkers that can identify aggressive disease before surgery.
Functional status, a person's ability to perform normal activities of daily living, is associated with treatment choice for patients with prostate cancer.
Consumption of tree nuts is associated with lower mortality rates among men with prostate cancer. It did not, however, correlate with a reduced risk of developing prostate cancer.
Prostate-specific molecular imaging at initial biopsy and preoperative planning can accurately determine and delineate the extent of prostate cancer. The imaging technique was a type of PET/CT called 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT.
Laser heat may soon be an option to treat prostate cancer. Focal laser ablation has been found both feasible and safe in men with intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Screening PSA levels at midlife could identify men who are at greater risk of developing prostate cancer later in life and who should be monitored more closely.
Castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) has specific metabolic characteristics that could make it susceptible to new options for treatment.
PSA levels in midlife strongly predict future lethal prostate cancer risk in U.S. cohort.
Physical exercise may have a direct effect on cancer that is as effective as drugs for treating patients with prostate cancer, even for those with advanced stages of the disease.
Prostate Cancer Videos
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- Mimicking Fasting During Chemotherapy Enhances T Cell Activity in Preclinical Study
- Chronic Pain Is More Likely for Women Who Undergo Armpit Lymph Node Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Significant Increase in US Cancer Center Advertising Seen in Past Decade
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- USPSTF: Evidence Lacking to Recommend Full-body Skin Cancer Screens
- Advanced Cancer Patients Often Unaware That They Are More Optimistic About Their Prognosis Than Their Oncologists
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- VP Biden Talks About the Role of CancerLinQ at ASCO 2016
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|