Prostate Cancer News & Features
The Decipher genomic classifier obtained from biopsy samples was prognostic for distant metastases and prostate cancer-specific mortality.
A phase 3 study presented at the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium demonstrated the feasibility of conducting adjuvant trials.
Despite early failures, there may be a role for single-agent and combination immunotherapy for patients with prostate cancer.
A higher overall number of genetic alterations in cell-free circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) were associated with worse treatment outcomes.
Investigators studied the effects of adding antiandrogen therapy to radiotherapy on cancer control and overall survival in men with prostate cancer recurrence after radical prostatectomy.
Clinicians May Want To Address Emotional Stress to Prevent Overtreatment of Localized Prostate Cancer
Some men with low-risk prostate cancer may opt for more aggressive treatments due to emotional distress.
The implementation of recommendations opposing regular prostate cancer screening appear to have lowered treatment rates dramatically.
This fact reviews how hormone therapy may be used to treat prostate cancer, treatment options for castration-resistant prostate cancer, and side effects of hormone therapy.
Patients on active surveillance with stable disease may be candidates for less intense surveillance
Although many men obtain a second opinion regarding their prostate cancer care options, they seldom deviate from the original course of action.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Pediatric Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Challenges and Solutions
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- VBPWPs Can Compliment Patient Management in Clinical Trials
- Communication Technology Improves Treatment Burden, Patient Perspective of Oncology Care
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|