Prostate Cancer News & Features
Following the USPSTF recommendation against routine PSA testing in all men, incidence rates of early stage prostate cancer in men 50 years and older declined substantially, according to a recent study.
Emotional distress is associated with an increased likelihood of opting for surgery among men with localized prostate cancer.
Race is not associated with the development of metastases in patients with nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), according to a recently published study.
Ethnicity influences patient decision to pursue active treatment and serial biopsies in active surveillance
Use of androgen suppression therapy may negatively impact survival in African American patients with favorable-risk prostate cancer.
As salvage radiotherapy (SRT) outcomes may be affected by factors associated with prostatectomy findings, they may be positively affected when used at lower prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels.
Choosing no treatment and regular check-ups didn't seem to stress men with low-risk disease
Using an online decision-support tool led to most men with low-risk prostate cancer choosing active surveillance with less conflict about their decision.
Researchers in Sweden have, for the first time, estimated the risk of developing various types of prostate cancer for men with brothers and/or fathers with the disease.
Analysis of proteins identified in urine has led to the discovery of proteomic signatures for prostate cancer that have the potential to serve as highly accurate noninvasive biomarkers that can identify aggressive disease before surgery.
Prostate Cancer Videos
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Hormone Receptor Test Results in DCIS Core Needle Biopsy Not Used, Not Needed
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Supportive Care Needs Assessed in Localized Cutaneous Melanoma
- Recently Discovered microRNA Controls Response to Oxaliplatin in Colorectal Cancer
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Daratumumab Combo Improves PFS in Relapsed/Refractory Myeloma
- Poor Compliance to Adjuvant Chemo Linked to Poorer Survival in Rectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|