Generic Name and Formulations:
Trimethoprim (as HCl) 50mg/5mL; bubble-gum flavored soln; alcohol- and dye-free.
Aytu BioScience, Inc.
Indications for PRIMSOL:
Susceptible acute otitis media (AOM) due to S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae in children. Susceptible initial episodes of uncomplicated UTIs in adults.
UTIs: 100mg twice daily, or 200mg once daily; both for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: AOM: 10mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
Megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
Avoid large doses or prolonged administration (increased risk of blood disorders). Monitor CBC, discontinue if signs of blood disorders occur. Possible folate deficiency (may give folate concomitantly). Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate phenytoin. May interfere with some creatinine tests (alkaline picrate reduction).
Folic acid inhibitor.
Rash, GI upset, hematological or renal effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|