Generic Name and Formulations:
Peginterferon beta-1a 125mcg; per prefilled pen or syringe; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for PLEGRIDY:
Relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS).
Give by SC inj in abdomen, back of the upper arm, or thigh; rotate inj sites. Initially 63mcg on Day 1, increase to 94mcg on Day 15, then 125mcg on Day 29 and every 14 days thereafter. May give analgesics and/or antipyretics for flu-like symptoms.
Monitor for signs/symptoms of hepatic injury. Depression. Suicidal ideation. Consider discontinuing if depression or other severe psychiatric symptoms occur. Seizure disorder. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions occur. Significant cardiac disease; monitor for worsening condition at initiation and during treatment. Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy; discontinue if occurs. Monitor for infections, bleeding, anemia. Myelosuppression. Monitor CBCs with differential and platelets during treatment. Consider discontinuing if new autoimmune disorder develops. Severe renal impairment; monitor. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions (erythema, pain, pruritus), influenza-like illness, pyrexia, headache, myalgia, chills, asthenia, arthralgia; hepatic injury, seizures, anaphylaxis, CHF, hematologic or autoimmune disorders, inj site necrosis (suspend therapy if multiple lesions occur).
To enroll women exposed to Plegridy during pregnancy call (866) 810-1462 or visit https://www.plegridypregnancyregistry.com/.
Single-dose prefilled pen (0.5mL)—2; Single-dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—2; Starter Pack (pens and syringes)—2 (63mcg + 94mcg)
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|