Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 250mg, 500mg; controlled-rel caps.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for PENTASA:
Mildly-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow caps whole or may be opened and entire contents sprinkled onto applesauce or yogurt; consume immediately. 1g four times daily for up to 8 weeks.
Sulfasalazine or aspirin allergy. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. May cause false (+) test results when measuring urinary normetanephrine by liquid chromatography. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, rash; acute intolerance syndrome (rare, discontinue if occurs).
Caps 250mg—240; 500mg—120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|