Fifty-five percent of patients treated with pembrolizumab survived through 24-months compared with 43% of patients treated with ipilimumab.
[Cancer Management and Research] This study examines the advances that pembrolizumab has made in melanoma and upcoming research that may further improve melanoma treatment.
Final analysis of data from the phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting confirm the superiority of pembrolizumab over ipilimumab for advanced melanoma.
Four in 10 patients with newly diagnosed and previously treated advanced melanoma were alive 3 years after initiating pembrolizumab.
Half of 25 patients with Merkel cell carcinoma treated with pembrolizumab experienced significant tumor shrinkage that lasted almost 3 times longer than conventional chemotherapy, and some had no remaining disease after treatment.
Overall objective responses occurred in one-third of patients with melanoma who were treated with pembrolizumab in a phase 1b clinical trial.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|