Fifty-five percent of patients treated with pembrolizumab survived through 24-months compared with 43% of patients treated with ipilimumab.
[Cancer Management and Research] This study examines the advances that pembrolizumab has made in melanoma and upcoming research that may further improve melanoma treatment.
Final analysis of data from the phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting confirm the superiority of pembrolizumab over ipilimumab for advanced melanoma.
Four in 10 patients with newly diagnosed and previously treated advanced melanoma were alive 3 years after initiating pembrolizumab.
Half of 25 patients with Merkel cell carcinoma treated with pembrolizumab experienced significant tumor shrinkage that lasted almost 3 times longer than conventional chemotherapy, and some had no remaining disease after treatment.
Overall objective responses occurred in one-third of patients with melanoma who were treated with pembrolizumab in a phase 1b clinical trial.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|