Quality of Life and Cosmetic Result of Single-port Access Endoscopic Thyroidectomy via Axillary Approach in Patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaAugust 18, 2016
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research reviews the effects of single-port access transaxillary totally endoscopic thyroidectomy on outcomes following surgery, including quality of life and cosmetic result, in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC).
A recent study examined the possible correlation between Medicaid coverage status and overall survival for patients with head and neck cancer.
Low aerobic capacity has greater effect on longevity than even high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
A group of researchers sought to examine the physical functioning of patients with breast cancer, in various age brackets, who were enrolled in the Tamoxifen Exemestane Adjuvant Multinational (TEAM) phase III trial.
A post-hoc analysis of the Phase 3 ASPIRE study indicates that treatment combining carfilzomib with lenalidomide and dexamethasone extended survival time for patients with multiple myeloma.
Researchers found tracking symptoms and alerting doctors to problems early led to longer survival for patients with lung cancer.
Patients whose treatment was based on the molecular characteristics of their particular tumor had significantly better outcomes compared with patients who did not.
A study examined the relation between various forms of breast cancer therapies and risk of congestive heart failure.
Patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma who are resistant to the CD30-directed antibody-drug conjugate brentuximab vedotin have poor outcomes.
High neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) is linked to worse prognosis in Caucasian patients with early breast cancer.
Researchers have noted a link between supportive care and reduced risk of adverse outcomes.
An exercise intervention did not improve physical functioning for women living with advanced breast cancer, according to a study.
African-American pediatric patients with Hodgkin lymphoma still display a considerable survival disparity when compared to their white and Hispanic peers.
Use of minimally invasive hysterectomy is linked to favorable morbidity profile and does not compromise long-term survival for patients.
Ob-gyns report external examinations are important for cancer detection and lesion identification.
Improved survival for patients treated by higher-volume radiation oncologists was observed.
Nipple-sparing Mastectomy Offers Better Cosmetic and Psychological Outcomes for Patients With Breast CancerDecember 09, 2015
Nipple-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction results in higher reported patient body image, when compared to skin-sparing partial mastectomy (SS-PM), and may lower risk of local recurrence.
Despite growing popularity of patient navigation (PN) in cancer care, few studies have evaluated the impact of PN on patient outcomes.
A new study found that prognosis after treatment for women with breast cancer with a family history of the disease is no worse than it is for other women with breast cancer.
Higher mortality is associated with more narrow margins for high-risk primary melanoma, per research presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2015 Annual Meeting in Chicago.
No difference seen in distant disease-free intervals for those with versus those without a positive family history, say researchers.
Current unemployment for head and neck cancer survivors linked to harder physical work, surgical treatment, and risky alcohol consumption.
Improved rates of stage-specific treatment for early- and advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with comorbid COPD were linked to a pulmonologist's management.
When active surveillance is chosen, survival for intermediate-risk disease may be decreased.
Variation was observed at a high-volume center when surgeons selected patients with low-risk prostate cancer to undergo radical prostatectomy, according to a study.
A new study has better established the future risk of developing breast cancer for those with atypical hyperplasia of the breast.
A new test may reveal which patients will respond to treatment for graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), a serious complication that can arise from stem cell SCT.
According to results of a new, retrospective study, the risk of developing leukemia after radiation therapy or chemotherapy for early stage breast cancer is double that previously reported.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) and the European Society of Thoracic Surgery (ESTS) plan to link their outcomes data on chest procedures, in an effort to improve patient care.
The long-term survival rates following laparoscopic surgery for bladder cancer are not unlike survival rates for open surgery, according to research.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|