Younger cancer survivors in Norway were more likely to be financially dependent and unemployed than individuals without cancer.
Functional status, a person's ability to perform normal activities of daily living, is associated with treatment choice for patients with prostate cancer.
Understanding the effect of cancer on health-related quality of life is vital for optimal patient care.
In recent years, an increasing number of cancer patients were found to be assigning durable power of attorney.
A new study has examined the unique challenges facing cancer survivors that wish to adopt a child.
Patients who participate in their medical decisions have a better impression about their level of care, a new study suggests, but researchers still unclear as to whether shared decision-making results in better outcomes.
The special needs of older adult patients and caregivers, who are usually also older persons, can be a nursing challenge. These tips will ensure you are communicating effectively with this patient population.
One in five cancer patients typically wait more than three months to check in with a doctor about potentially serious symptoms, according to a new study.
Playing an active role in their radiation treatment decisions leaves patients with cancer feeling more satisfied with their care, and may even relieve psychologic distress around the experience, researchers reported.
Not all e-patients are Internet savvy, but they are engaged, educated, equipped, and enabled to be experts and equal partners in their care.
Novel program provides patients with a computer tablet preloaded with app and links to information, data, and providers specific to their care.
These programs are designed to help patients rebuild a positive self body image and cope with the physical effects of cancer and treatments.
A majority of cancer survivors gave the information provided through care plans a favorable rating, according to a new study that examined the online LIVESTRONG Care Plan.
Early end-of-life talks are associated with less aggressive care and greater use of hospice services when patients do reach their final days.
The patient appeared to deny the inevitable course of his disease, and the nurse could only wait for him to reach his point of acceptance.
Preferences shift to wanting more say in decisions following breast cancer treatment consultation.
Cancer information on Wikipedia is similar in accuracy and depth to that found on a peer-reviewed, patient-oriented cancer Web site, but the latter presents simpler, shorter versions.
Many cancer patients continue to work during treatment. Available resources range from advice on talking with their supervisors to federal laws that protect their rights.
Allowing full access to personal medical records increases satisfaction but not anxiety in people who have recently been diagnosed with cancer, according to the findings of a recent study.
Oncology nurses can improve communication with—and outcomes of—their elderly cancer patients by overcoming barriers to health literacy among these patients.
The FDA has approved a portable therapeutic system that can be used at home by adults who have glioblastoma that has recurred or progressed following chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
The American Institute for Cancer Research is urging people to think about how the famous USDA food pyramid should actually translate to the plate in order to fight cancer and other diseases.
Patient Advisor (www.MPRPatientAdvisor.com) is a collaboration of Monthly Prescribing Reference (MPR, published by Haymarket Media) and AnswersMedia, LLC.
Clinicians are all too aware that chemotherapy can be either a friend or a foe. When it does become the enemy, supporting the patient's decision to stop treatment often means saying yes to compassionate care.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- LIVESTRONG Exercise Program Improves QoL in Cancer Survivors
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Costs, Complications Higher for Women Who Undergo Second Surgery After BCS
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Fluorescent Nanoparticles Represent Novel Detection Method of HER2 Expression
- Assessment of Stromal Features in DCIS Requires Robustness
- Profile of Tivantinib and its Potential in the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: the evidence to date
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|