Pancreatic Cancer News & Features
Favorable Perioperative Outcomes After Resection of Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer Treated With Neoadjuvant Stereotactic Radiation and Chemotherapy Compared with Upfront Pancreatectomy for Resectable Cancer
[Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology] This research examines outcomes related to the use of neoadjuvant multi-agent chemotherapy and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer (BRPC) or locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) patients.
Research findings reveal the mechanism by which obesity increases inflammation and desmoplasia in the most frequent type of pancreatic cancer, using mouse models and human tissue samples.
Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
Quality of life is significantly improved for patients with pancreatic cancer when systematic palliative care is administered vs on-demand palliative care.
Metastatic capabilities of pancreatic cancer might arise before tumors even form. Metastasis and advanced stage of disease at diagnosis are attributed to low survival rates for pancreatic cancer.
Combining a laboratory ultrasound technique called sonoporation with the commercially available chemotherapy compound gemcitabine increases the porosity of pancreatic cells with microbubbles and helps get the drug into cancer cells.
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- HIIT Improves Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Patients With Resectable NSCLC
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Recurrence Score Appears To Be Driving Personalized Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Smoking-related Cancer Deaths Highest in Southern United States
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|