Pancreatic Cancer News & Features
RNA test of blood platelets can detect, classify, and pinpoint the location of cancer by analyzing a sample equivalent to 1 drop of blood. Using this new method, researchers were able to identify cancer with 96% accuracy.
Nanoliposomal irinotecan in combination with fluorouracil and folinic acid improves survival in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Study findings may explain why chemotherapy drugs such as gemcitabine are not effective for many patients with pancreatic cancer, and perhaps point to new approaches to treatment including enhancing gemcitabine's ability to stop tumor growth.
A widely available, inexpensive blood test can predict outcomes and guide treatment in pancreatic cancer; however, only 1 in 5 US patients with the disease have the blood test.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Yoga Provides Mental, Emotional, and Physical Benefits for Patients With Cancer
- Citywide Program Increases Rates, Eliminates Racial Disparities in Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- International Study Charts Genetic Trajectory for Melanoma
- Risk of Several Autoimmune Diseases Increased in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Protein Biomarker Assays for Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer May Show Inaccurate Readings
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|