Managing pain with opioids and keeping a close eye on adverse effects is an important part of cancer care. But there is room for improvement in pain management tools, and nurses play a key role in their evolution.
In a large cohort of hematologic oncologists surveyed in the United States, standard end-of-life quality measures were highly acceptable, but unrealistic patient expectations are the greatest impediment to quality end-of-life care.
Palliative Care-Led Support vs Usual Care: Not Significantly Different for Anxiety and Depression in Cancer Patients' Family Members
Palliative care-led informational and emotional support meetings do not reduce anxiety or depression symptoms and may increase posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms in family members of patients with chronic critical illness.
Cancer and dementia patients get more access to palliative care than do patients with many other chronic conditions, recent research indicates.
The introduction of palliative care shortly after a patient is diagnosed with cancer is associated with improved quality of life.
Despite the benefits of early palliative care intervention, palliative care is less frequently employed at the emergency department. Researchers sought to evaluate patient outcomes related to ED palliative care.
The intensity of end-of-life care for patients with myelodysplastic syndromes may be optimal in terms of hospice use, a recently published study has shown.
Patients with advanced cancer view life goals as distinct from and less important than treatment goals, according to a recent study.
Initiating a palliative care consultation in the ED improved quality of life and survival was not shortened in patients with advanced cancer.
Families of patients dying of cancer believe their loved one had better care when they died in a hospice rather than in a hospital's intensive care unit, according to new research.
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
- Second-Line Regorafenib Improves Overall Survival in Refractory Liver Cancer
- Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|