Patients with advanced cancer who believed chemotherapy might cure their cancer were more likely to receive chemotherapy.
A new study has uncovered a number of specific physical signs that signal an impending death from cancer.
Well-considered discharge planning and an adequate network of care providers can achieve a high percentage of stable care trajectories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
Physician-patient communication about goals of care is a low risk, high value intervention for patients with a life threatening illness, advised the American College of Physicians (ACP).
Oncology Nurse Advisor talked with Diane Meier, MD, about the components of quality palliative care. Dr. Meier is director of the Center to Advance Palliative Care and vice-chair for Public Policy and a professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City; she is also the co-author of a new book on palliative care.
A new, collaborative model in cancer care aims to reduce the rates at which patients go to intensive care or are readmitted to the hospital after discharge.
Patients with ovarian cancer, despite an increasing use of hospital services, are more likely to enter hospice and less likely to die in the hospital, investigators found.
Many nurses lack the knowledge to teach patients about advance directives, but educational programs can fill the knowledge gaps.
- Drug combination suppresses growth of late-stage prostate cancer tumors
- Two genes that trigger most severe form of ovarian cancer are pinpointed
- Ultrasound helps determine which breast cancer patients need lymph nodes removed
- California breast density law slow to have an impact
- Epigenetic signatures differentiate triple negative breast cancers
- What determines cost-effectiveness of targeted anticancer therapies?
- Physician-controlled decisions in cancer care linked to lower quality rating
- Transfusion Indications for Patients With Cancer
- Lung cancer may be treatable with use of SapC-DOPS technology
- What autism can teach us about brain cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|