Second study shows benefits for caregivers with early palliative care intervention.
The impact of early versus delayed intervention with regard to family caregivers for those with cancer.
The efficacy of integrated oncology and palliative care (PC) are supported by randomized controlled trials.
Patients with advanced cancer who believed chemotherapy might cure their cancer were more likely to receive chemotherapy.
A new study has uncovered a number of specific physical signs that signal an impending death from cancer.
Well-considered discharge planning and an adequate network of care providers can achieve a high percentage of stable care trajectories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
Physician-patient communication about goals of care is a low risk, high value intervention for patients with a life threatening illness, advised the American College of Physicians (ACP).
Oncology Nurse Advisor talked with Diane Meier, MD, about the components of quality palliative care. Dr. Meier is director of the Center to Advance Palliative Care and vice-chair for Public Policy and a professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City; she is also the co-author of a new book on palliative care.
- Vitamin D and prostate cancer: Higher intake improves active surveillance outcomes
- Triple combination of two targeted therapies + immunotherapy is more effective in advanced melanoma
- Muscle-building supplements may be associated with testicular cancer
- Promising drug target identified in medulloblastoma
- Physical activity associated with less chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy
- mHealth app assesses breast cancer risk and aids prevention
- Socioeconomic factors increase mortality after lung cancer surgery
- Half of older U.S. adults take aspirin as preventive medicine
- Cardiorespiratory fitness linked with decreased metabolic syndrome risk among smokers
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: State-of-the-art
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|