The impact of early versus delayed intervention with regard to family caregivers for those with cancer.
The efficacy of integrated oncology and palliative care (PC) are supported by randomized controlled trials.
Patients with advanced cancer who believed chemotherapy might cure their cancer were more likely to receive chemotherapy.
A new study has uncovered a number of specific physical signs that signal an impending death from cancer.
Well-considered discharge planning and an adequate network of care providers can achieve a high percentage of stable care trajectories.
A palliative care specialist uses crowdfunding and teleconferencing to build a practice that delivers palliative care to patients far away from institutional medicine.
A recent study demonstrates cost efficiencies seen in patients with cancer who enrolled in the Medicare hospice program. It also offers explanations for why more patients may not be using the program.
Physician-patient communication about goals of care is a low risk, high value intervention for patients with a life threatening illness, advised the American College of Physicians (ACP).
Oncology Nurse Advisor talked with Diane Meier, MD, about the components of quality palliative care. Dr. Meier is director of the Center to Advance Palliative Care and vice-chair for Public Policy and a professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City; she is also the co-author of a new book on palliative care.
A new, collaborative model in cancer care aims to reduce the rates at which patients go to intensive care or are readmitted to the hospital after discharge.
- Angelina Jolie has ovaries, fallopian tubes removed over cancer concerns
- Drug sequence with gemcitabine
- Counseling cancer patients on effective nutritional practices
- Radiation plus immunotherapy revs up immune system to better attack melanoma
- Algorithm increases surgical success in advanced ovarian cancer
- Fifteen new breast cancer genetic risk 'hot-spots' revealed
- High fitness level may decrease risk of colorectal, lung cancers
- Discontinuing statin therapy safe, beneficial for patients with terminal illness
- Affect of chemotherapy on saliva test results
- Childhood leukemia study reveals disease subtypes and new treatment options
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|