NODA and V3 are volunteer programs that provide a compassionate presence for patients who are alone in their final hours.
[Palliative Care: Research and Treatment] This research discusses the epidemiology, evidence-based recommendations, etiology, and mechanisms of hypoglycemia, as well as its management in hospice care or inpatient palliative care wards.
A new meta-analysis examines the impact of palliative care services on patients' and caregivers' quality of life and outcomes.
Live-streamed videos are a novel and forward-thinking approach for individuals to learn about end-of-life (EOL) planning and decision-making, according a study presented at the 2016 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Studies of end-of-life (EOL) care for pediatric patients have been limited to single institutions or lacked detailed clinical data. Therefore, researchers conducted a retrospective cohort study to examine predictor of, and trends in, high-intensity EOL care in this patient population.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
Sociodemographic, insurance, and clinical characteristics are associated with experience with physicians and medical care among patients with cancer in their last year before death.
Nearly half of patients with advanced cancer around the world believe they will be cured, with the perception of curability significantly differing by education, performance status, and country of origin.
Early care after an incurable cancer diagnosis improves quality of life and also increases the chances of having end-of-life discussions.
Palliative care improved quality of life, depression, anxiety, and symptom burden in patients with hematologic malignancies hospitalized for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT).
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Ceritinib for First-line Treatment of ALK+ NSCLC
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|