Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexamethasone 0.7mg in the Novadur delivery system; intravitreal implant; preservative-free.
Indications for OZURDEX:
Macular edema following branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) or central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). Non-infectious uveitis affecting the posterior segment of the eye. Diabetic macular edema.
For ophthalmic intravitreal injection only. One implant in each affected eye(s).
Ocular or periocular infections. Glaucoma (cup to disc ratio >0.8). Torn or ruptured posterior lens capsule.
Monitor for intravitreal injection-related effects (eg, endophthalmitis, eye inflammation, increased intraocular pressure, retinal detachments) following the injection. Risk of potential steroid-related effects (eg, posterior subcapsular cataracts, glaucoma, secondary ocular infections). History of ocular herpes simplex: not recommended. Risk of implant migration to anterior chamber if posterior lens capsule is not intact. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, conjunctival hyperemia, ocular hypertension, cataracts.
Single-use intravitreal implant—1 (w. applicator)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|