Generic Name and Formulations:
Choriogonadotropin alfa (r-hCG) 250mcg/0.5mL; liq for SC inj.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for OVIDREL:
Induction of final follicular maturation and early luteinization in infertile women as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program. Ovulation induction where infertility is not due to ovarian failure.
250mg SC one day after last dose of follicle-stimulating agent, if adequate follicular development is evident, and only if there is no evidence of excessive ovarian response (e.g., significant ovarian enlargement, excessive estradiol production, multiple follicular development seen on ultrasound).
Ovarian enlargement and excessive follicular recruitment while undergoing menotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Uncontrolled intracranial lesion (eg, pituitary tumor). Abnormal genital bleeding. Ovarian cyst or enlargement. Sex hormone-dependent tumors of reproductive system. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (discontinue if occurs) or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, abdominal pain, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, local reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|