Inverse association for low-dose but not standard-dose aspirin with ovarian cancer risk.
The use of anti-inflammatory analgesics, such as aspirin, may extend survival for patients with ovarian cancer.
Researchers conducted a retrospective analysis to determine the impact of inflammatory responses in patients with ovarian cancer undergoing first-line chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab.
Studies conducted in people have mixed results, with some indication of increased risk of ovarian cancer.
Researchers conducted a prospective real-life analysis to determine the effects of trabectedin plus PLD in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer.
[OncoTargets and Therapy] In a review of cancer stem cells (CSCs)/ovarian cancer stem cells (OCSCs), researchers discuss the implications of immunotherapy development based on studying cancer evolution by CSCs, and targeting OCSC surface markers to develop CAR-T immunotherapy.
In a case study, olaparib was found to induce folate deficiency in most patients with relapsed ovarian cancer. Researchers discuss the significance of this adverse effect and how it was managed.
Researchers conducted a retrospective cohort analysis to examine patterns of clinical practice in the management of women with advanced HGSC.
The US FDA granted approval based on results from ARIEL3, a randomized clinical trial conducted with 561 eligible cancer patients.
Researchers hypothesize that ovarian cancer may be X-linked and associated genes may be passed from the paternal grandmother via the father's inherited genetic material.
An USPSTF updated recommendation statement for ovarian cancer screening recommends against screening for women who are asymptomatic and do not have high-risk hereditary cancer syndrome.
Researchers conducted a meta-analysis to examined possible links between antidepressant use and epithelial ovarian cancer, and links between duration and intensity of antidepressant use and risk for epithelial ovarian cancer.
Researchers sought to determine if a correlation was present between extended oral contraceptive use and a decreased risk of certain cancers.
Researchers explored the effectiveness of wearing frozen gloves and socks before and after treatment with PLD to prevent or manage hand-foot syndrome in patients with ovarian cancer.
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with surgery increases survival for epithelial ovarian cancer patientsJanuary 22, 2018
1. Patients with stage 3 epithelial ovarian cancer treated with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in addition to cytoreductive surgery and neoadjuvant chemotherapy experienced increased overall and recurrence-free survival compared to those treated with surgery and chemotherapy alone. 2. No difference in grade 3 or 4 adverse side effects were observed between HIPEC and non-HIPEC treated 
1. BRCA1 promoter methylation in normal white blood cells (WBCs) was linked to risk for high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC). 2. BRCA1 methylation was detected in women of all ages, including newborns, suggesting that BRCA1 methylation happens at an embryonic stage. Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average) Study Rundown: Females with BRCA1 mutations in their germline 
Results of a double-blind phase 2 study determined if adding oral pazopanib to intravenous paclitaxel improved outcomes for women with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal carcinoma.
Multimodal screening is more expensive, but reduces ovarian cancer mortality, researchers found.
Researchers have found 3 major predictors for survival: tumor infiltrating leukocytes (TIL), programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) expression, and mutational burden.
Ovarian cancer risk is known to be increased by BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutations, but recent developments have led researchers to believe there are several genes involved in homologous recombination-mediated DNA damage.
Administering niraparib to patients with recurrent ovarian cancer after CR or PR to platinum-based chemotherapy may allow patients to continuously maintain QOL during treatment, reported researchers in presentation at ESMO 2017 Congress.
Survival rate were worse for lower volume hospitals with higher quality scores, versus higher volume hospitals.
Risk assessment study for carriers of the BRCA1/2 mutation identified the factors that influence their risk of developing breast cancer, ovarian cancer, or contralateral breast cancer.
A questionnaire added to intake forms at a breast cancer imaging center identified women with BRCA mutations who might otherwise have been missed.
Change in FACT-O TOI score from baseline to 12 months did not differ significantly between maintenance olaparib and placebo.
Rubraca (rucaparib) received accelerated approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of patients with previously treated BRCA-positive ovarian cancer.
Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian CancerApril 20, 2017
Tumor shrinkage was seen in plantinum-resistant ovarian tumors when treated with a combination of a PARP inhibitor and an alpha-specific PI3-kinase inhibitor.
Quality of life was maintained in patients with ovarian cancer who received chemotherapy with concurrent cediranib then cediranib alone as maintenance therapy.
A team of international researchers identified 12 new genetic variants that increase a woman's risk of developing ovarian cancer.
A protocol of testing of CA125 levels quarterly with subsequent transvaginal ultrasound examination increased detection of early-stage ovarian cancer in women at high-risk for the disease.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- How to Help Patients at the End of Life and Their Loved Ones During the Holidays
- Real-World Prevalence of AEs With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC Higher Than Reported in Trials
- Disparities Seen in Goals-of-Care Discussions With Minority vs Nonminority Patients
- Acupuncture Eases Some Self-Reported Symptoms of Cancer, Cancer Treatments
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|