Ovarian Cancer News & Features
No Clinical Benefit to Expanding Gene Panel Beyond Ovarian and Breast Cancer Genes in High-risk Women
Expanding a panel of tested genes beyond the known breast and ovarian cancer-specific genes in patients with breast and ovarian cancer did not confer any clinical benefit.
Excess abdominal fat in overweight and obese women could interfere with detection of early symptoms of ovarian cancer, and this may contribute to the higher risk of death from ovarian cancer in African American women compared with white women.
Effect of Childbirth on Risk of Ovarian Cancer Diminishes With Age, But Effect of Oral Contraceptive Use Is Constant
Prior oral contraceptive use is associated with reduced risk for ovarian cancer among women of all ages; however, risk reductions associated with childbirth wane as women age
Women who are long-term survivors of high-grade serous carcinoma (HGSC) usually have platinum-sensitive disease.
Risk-reducing mastectomy (RRM) can increase life expectancy and be cost effective in women up to age 60 years with ovarian cancer as carriers of a BRCA mutation.
Ovarian Cancer Clinical Trials
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- Adhering to Patient Preferences Improves Patient Comfort During Skin Cancer Screening
- Atezolizumab Approved for Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Socioeconomic Benefits of Marriage Improve Survival Among Married Patients
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Consensus Statement Guides Optimal Management of EGFR-Mutation-Positive NSCLC
- Including Proteomics Is Key to Achieving Goals of National Cancer Moonshot
- Violence in Health Care Workplaces: "Underreported, Tolerated, and Largely Ignored"
- Vessel-Sparing Radiation Successfully Treats Prostate Cancer, Maintains Quality of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|