Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 50mg; buccal tablet.
Midatech Pharma US Inc.
Indications for ORAVIG:
Local treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Do not crush, chew, or swallow. Alternate application site. Apply to upper gum region, hold in place for 30 seconds to ensure adhesion. ≥16yrs: 50mg once daily in the AM for 14 consecutive days.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Allergy to milk protein concentrate.
History of hypersensitivity to azoles; monitor and discontinue if allergic reactions develop. Hepatic Impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulant effects with warfarin (monitor PT, INR, evidence of bleeding). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 (eg, oral hypoglycemics, phenytoin, ergot alkaloids).
Diarrhea, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, upper abdominal pain, vomiting, possible allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|