Implementation of the Massey Bedside Swallowing Screen and strict oral care regimens in high-risk patients reduced the rate of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) at an oncology treatment center.
Positive results of drug Validive for prevention and treatment of severe oral mucositis in patients with head and neck cancer.
Mice that produced the Smad7 protein in the oral cavity were dramatically more resistant to radiation-induced oral mucositis than were controls.
Drugs that inhibit mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) stopped radiation-induced damage in mice by protecting cells crucial to tissue repair.
Thermal imaging can detect early changes in the temperature of mucosal surfaces that may signal mucositis in persons with head and neck cancer who are receiving chemoradiotherapy.
Developing an evidence-based oral care policy may help to prevent or to more effectively manage oral mucositis in oncology patients.
Oral mucositis is a common side effect of both chemotherapy and radiation that patients find distressing, yet there are interventions that seem to help.
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- PSA Screening Rates Level Off in United States
- CQGS Releases Standards for Surgical Care of Older Adults
- Radiation Protocol Deviations Linked to Worse Outcomes in Pediatric Brain Malignancy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|