Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxycycline 40mg (30mg immediate-release beads, 10mg delayed-release beads); caps.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ORACEA:
Treatment of inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea. Limitations of use: this formulation has not been evaluated in the treatment or prevention of infections. Efficacy >16 weeks and safety >9 months have not been established.
Take on empty stomach in the morning with sufficient amount of fluids. 40mg once daily.
Do not substitute with other doxycycline products. Renal impairment. Hepatic insufficiency. Monitor blood, renal and hepatic function. Achlorhydria. GI surgery. Predisposition to candidiasis overgrowth. Avoid sun and UV light. Discontinue if pseudomembranous colitis or superinfection occurs and treat appropriately. Monitor for autoimmune syndromes. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended. Not recommended for either gender if conception is planned.
Avoid concomitant methoxyflurane, penicillins, photosensitizers, oral retinoids. Reduced absorption with bismuth subsalicylate, acid pump inhibitors, antacids, calcium, magnesium, iron. May potentiate anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). May antagonize hormonal contraceptives (use back-up contraception). May be antagonized by metabolic enzyme inducers (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin).
Nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, superinfection, diarrhea, dry mouth, hypertension, blood glucose increase, elevated liver enzymes or BUN; pseudomembranous colitis, autoimmune syndromes (discontinue if occurs), hyperpigmentation, photosensitivity; benign intracranial hypertension, teeth discoloration, others (see full labeling).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|