Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxycycline 40mg (30mg immediate-release beads, 10mg delayed-release beads); caps.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ORACEA:
Treatment of inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea. Limitations of use: this formulation has not been evaluated in the treatment or prevention of infections. Efficacy >16 weeks and safety >9 months have not been established.
Take on empty stomach in the morning with sufficient amount of fluids. 40mg once daily.
Do not substitute with other doxycycline products. Renal impairment. Hepatic insufficiency. Monitor blood, renal and hepatic function. Achlorhydria. GI surgery. Predisposition to candidiasis overgrowth. Avoid sun and UV light. Discontinue if pseudomembranous colitis or superinfection occurs and treat appropriately. Monitor for autoimmune syndromes. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended. Not recommended for either gender if conception is planned.
Avoid concomitant methoxyflurane, penicillins, photosensitizers, oral retinoids. Reduced absorption with bismuth subsalicylate, acid pump inhibitors, antacids, calcium, magnesium, iron. May potentiate anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). May antagonize hormonal contraceptives (use back-up contraception). May be antagonized by metabolic enzyme inducers (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin).
Nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, superinfection, diarrhea, dry mouth, hypertension, blood glucose increase, elevated liver enzymes or BUN; pseudomembranous colitis, autoimmune syndromes (discontinue if occurs), hyperpigmentation, photosensitivity; benign intracranial hypertension, teeth discoloration, others (see full labeling).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|