Coverage from ONS Connections 2012
ONS Connections: Reliable biomarker for central nervous system tissue injury during pediatric leukemia treatment
During the post-induction phase of treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), F2 isoprostanes significantly increase, allowing central nervous system (CNS) tissue injury to be monitored.
Over the trajectory of chemotherapy treatment, school-age children appear to develop resilience to fatigue.
A composite measure assessed peripheral neuropathy induced by vincristine reliably and with validity.
Two new instruments are valid and reliable in identifying risk factors and ostomy complications.
A nutritional education program for patients with gastrectomy improved knowledge, oral intake, adherence to diet guidelines, and patient satisfaction compared with patients who received usual nutrition education.
ONS Connections: Decreased sexual interest most common persistent and bothersome symptom in breast cancer survivors
Breast cancer survivors reported that decreased sexual interest was the symptom causing the most significant bother.
ONS Connections: Computer-tailored intervention increases colon cancer screening in low-income black patients
A computer-tailored intervention was more effective than a brochure at increasing the completion of fecal occult blood tests and moving low-income black patients toward action.
ONS Connections: Pretreatment depression, anxiety, and poor physical functioning associated with non-adherence to hormonal therapy in breast cancer patients
Taking a lower percentage of prescribed doses of hormonal therapy was associated with higher pre-therapy levels of depression and anxiety and with poorer physical functioning.
Gaps in evidence-based practice exist, even within an oncology nursing workforce that is well-educated and experienced.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
- Barriers to Understanding Pancreatic Cancer Can Be Overcome With Improvements to Online Health Information
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- A Protein Could Predict the Response to Immunotherapy in Metastatic Melanoma
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Socioeconomic Benefits of Marriage Improve Survival Among Married Patients
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Consensus Statement Guides Optimal Management of EGFR-Mutation-Positive NSCLC
- Including Proteomics Is Key to Achieving Goals of National Cancer Moonshot
- Violence in Health Care Workplaces: "Underreported, Tolerated, and Largely Ignored"
- Vessel-Sparing Radiation Successfully Treats Prostate Cancer, Maintains Quality of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|