Coverage from ONS Connections 2012
ONS Connections: Reliable biomarker for central nervous system tissue injury during pediatric leukemia treatment
During the post-induction phase of treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), F2 isoprostanes significantly increase, allowing central nervous system (CNS) tissue injury to be monitored.
Over the trajectory of chemotherapy treatment, school-age children appear to develop resilience to fatigue.
A composite measure assessed peripheral neuropathy induced by vincristine reliably and with validity.
Two new instruments are valid and reliable in identifying risk factors and ostomy complications.
A nutritional education program for patients with gastrectomy improved knowledge, oral intake, adherence to diet guidelines, and patient satisfaction compared with patients who received usual nutrition education.
ONS Connections: Decreased sexual interest most common persistent and bothersome symptom in breast cancer survivors
Breast cancer survivors reported that decreased sexual interest was the symptom causing the most significant bother.
ONS Connections: Computer-tailored intervention increases colon cancer screening in low-income black patients
A computer-tailored intervention was more effective than a brochure at increasing the completion of fecal occult blood tests and moving low-income black patients toward action.
ONS Connections: Pretreatment depression, anxiety, and poor physical functioning associated with non-adherence to hormonal therapy in breast cancer patients
Taking a lower percentage of prescribed doses of hormonal therapy was associated with higher pre-therapy levels of depression and anxiety and with poorer physical functioning.
Gaps in evidence-based practice exist, even within an oncology nursing workforce that is well-educated and experienced.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
- In breast cancer survivors, lidocaine may relieve pain during intercourse
- Likelihood of lung cancer screening update
- Generic meds may boost survival in some early breast cancers
- Aromatase inhibitors substantially reduce risk of death in ER-positive breast cancer
- Activated T cell therapy developed for advanced melanoma
- Avocados may hold the answer to beating leukemia
- Cardio-oncology services may improve patient care if more widely available
- Managing oral oncology/hematology treatments in your practice
- Universal health literacy precautions recommended to assist patient understanding
- Acrylamide in Food and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Online registry improves clinical research study participation
- Five-day aprepitant versus fosaprepitant in patients receiving cisplatin
- Black men twice as likely to die from prostate cancer compared to white men
- Research findings differentiate prostate cancer tumors into five different types
- Robotic IVC thrombectomy appears successful in patients with kidney cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|