Coverage from ONS Connections 2012
ONS Connections: Reliable biomarker for central nervous system tissue injury during pediatric leukemia treatment
During the post-induction phase of treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), F2 isoprostanes significantly increase, allowing central nervous system (CNS) tissue injury to be monitored.
Over the trajectory of chemotherapy treatment, school-age children appear to develop resilience to fatigue.
A composite measure assessed peripheral neuropathy induced by vincristine reliably and with validity.
Two new instruments are valid and reliable in identifying risk factors and ostomy complications.
A nutritional education program for patients with gastrectomy improved knowledge, oral intake, adherence to diet guidelines, and patient satisfaction compared with patients who received usual nutrition education.
ONS Connections: Decreased sexual interest most common persistent and bothersome symptom in breast cancer survivors
Breast cancer survivors reported that decreased sexual interest was the symptom causing the most significant bother.
ONS Connections: Computer-tailored intervention increases colon cancer screening in low-income black patients
A computer-tailored intervention was more effective than a brochure at increasing the completion of fecal occult blood tests and moving low-income black patients toward action.
ONS Connections: Pretreatment depression, anxiety, and poor physical functioning associated with non-adherence to hormonal therapy in breast cancer patients
Taking a lower percentage of prescribed doses of hormonal therapy was associated with higher pre-therapy levels of depression and anxiety and with poorer physical functioning.
Gaps in evidence-based practice exist, even within an oncology nursing workforce that is well-educated and experienced.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- High Symptom Burden With Polycythemia Vera Linked to QoL Impairment
- Bioimpedence Spectroscopy Improves Early Detection of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema in At-Risk Patients
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- MRD Negativity Associated With Prolonged Survival in Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Patient Navigation Reduces Delays in Diagnostic Resolution
- Fee-for-service Medicare Plans Linked to Improved Care During Last Year of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|