Coverage from ONS Connections 2012
ONS Connections: Reliable biomarker for central nervous system tissue injury during pediatric leukemia treatment
During the post-induction phase of treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), F2 isoprostanes significantly increase, allowing central nervous system (CNS) tissue injury to be monitored.
Over the trajectory of chemotherapy treatment, school-age children appear to develop resilience to fatigue.
A composite measure assessed peripheral neuropathy induced by vincristine reliably and with validity.
Two new instruments are valid and reliable in identifying risk factors and ostomy complications.
A nutritional education program for patients with gastrectomy improved knowledge, oral intake, adherence to diet guidelines, and patient satisfaction compared with patients who received usual nutrition education.
ONS Connections: Decreased sexual interest most common persistent and bothersome symptom in breast cancer survivors
Breast cancer survivors reported that decreased sexual interest was the symptom causing the most significant bother.
ONS Connections: Computer-tailored intervention increases colon cancer screening in low-income black patients
A computer-tailored intervention was more effective than a brochure at increasing the completion of fecal occult blood tests and moving low-income black patients toward action.
ONS Connections: Pretreatment depression, anxiety, and poor physical functioning associated with non-adherence to hormonal therapy in breast cancer patients
Taking a lower percentage of prescribed doses of hormonal therapy was associated with higher pre-therapy levels of depression and anxiety and with poorer physical functioning.
Gaps in evidence-based practice exist, even within an oncology nursing workforce that is well-educated and experienced.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Aggressive EOL Care Negatively Impacts Care Quality, Health Costs in Metastatic Lung Cancer
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Strength and Hope for Women in the Mist of Cancer
- Prospective Study Measures Cognitive, Treatment Effects in Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Hypofractionated Radiotherapy After Conservative Surgery May Increase Low-intermediate Grade Late Fibrosis in Breast Cancer Patients
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|