ONA Annual Congress 2016 Live Coverage
A nurse-facilitated oral chemotherapy care model has improved delivery times, patient satisfaction, and co-pay support at a Connecticut cancer hospital.
Follow-up telephone calls and clinician assessment may be an effective strategy to identify early which patients require support with adhering to oral cancer therapy.
A nurse-managed precision cancer treatment education resource center may improve information dissemination about genomic health and targeted therapy.
Instituting a Chemotherapy Safety Committee and developing an administration process successfully standardized the inpatient oral chemotherapy administration process.
A formal nursing practice was developed to promote patient safety and adherence with oral chemotherapy.
Implementation of the Massey Bedside Swallowing Screen and strict oral care regimens in high-risk patients reduced the rate of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) at an oncology treatment center.
A central venous catheter self-management education program is an effective nursing intervention to promote long-term self-management of a CVC for discharged patients with cancer.
The formation of a multidisplinary taskforce and the introduction of improved products successfully reduced the rates of catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) at an oncology hospital.
Daily chlorhexidine gluconate bathing on all patients with ports and tunneled catheters decreased the rates of CLABSI on an inpatient oncology unit.
Formation of a multidisciplinary team and a focus on evidence-based interventions successfully reduced the rate of central line bloodstream infections (CLABSI) on an inpatient oncology unit.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|