ONA Annual Congress 2016 Live Coverage
A nurse-facilitated oral chemotherapy care model has improved delivery times, patient satisfaction, and co-pay support at a Connecticut cancer hospital.
Follow-up telephone calls and clinician assessment may be an effective strategy to identify early which patients require support with adhering to oral cancer therapy.
A nurse-managed precision cancer treatment education resource center may improve information dissemination about genomic health and targeted therapy.
Instituting a Chemotherapy Safety Committee and developing an administration process successfully standardized the inpatient oral chemotherapy administration process.
A formal nursing practice was developed to promote patient safety and adherence with oral chemotherapy.
Implementation of the Massey Bedside Swallowing Screen and strict oral care regimens in high-risk patients reduced the rate of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) at an oncology treatment center.
A central venous catheter self-management education program is an effective nursing intervention to promote long-term self-management of a CVC for discharged patients with cancer.
The formation of a multidisplinary taskforce and the introduction of improved products successfully reduced the rates of catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) at an oncology hospital.
Daily chlorhexidine gluconate bathing on all patients with ports and tunneled catheters decreased the rates of CLABSI on an inpatient oncology unit.
Formation of a multidisciplinary team and a focus on evidence-based interventions successfully reduced the rate of central line bloodstream infections (CLABSI) on an inpatient oncology unit.
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Immune Thrombocytopenia (Fact Sheet)
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Nivolumab Improves Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Relapsed-Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma After ASCT, Brentuximab Vedotin
- Novel 3D Marker Reduces Radiation, Improves Cosmesis in Breast Conserving Surgery
- Rates at Some Milestones May Indicate Clinical Trial Results for Immunotherapeutics
- Cancer Risks for BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers Determined by Age, Family History, Mutation Location
- Long-Term Use of TPO Receptor Agonist Safe in CLL-Associated Immune Thrombocytopenia
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|