ONS Annual Congress 2014 Live Coverage
A new lung screening service for persons at high risk for lung cancer with incorporates a same-day visit by a nurse practitioner after the patient undergoes low-dose CT to discuss test results and recommendations.
Although nurses are familiar with palliative care guidelines related to cancer anorexia-cachexia syndrome, a needs-assessment survey revealed they are less familiar with novel therapeutic interventions in development.
Burnout was reduced and secondary trauma improved by a 6-week initiative to prevent compassion fatigue.
Pre- and postimplementation surveys are effective tools to confirm staff understanding of and adherence to a new neurologic assessment process for patients receiving high-dose cytarabine.
A pilot program demonstrated that an acuity tool that accounts for more complex ambulatory infusion treatments allows nurses to increase their productivity.
A documentary film showcasing the stories of local women who survived breast cancer may help educate African American women in breast cancer risks and early treatment.
Oncology nurses reduce a patient's anxious response to chemo visits through supportive, relationship-based education that provides an overview of chemotherapy.
A study evaluating the effectiveness of aromatherapy as a complementary/alternative modality for reducing anxiety in women undergoing CNB was presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 39th Annual Congress.
Sexual health workshops increased nurse knowledge and confidence, allowing nurses to address sexual concerns of breast cancer survivors.
ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA—Cancer patients need to receive timely information and counseling regarding oncofertility issues, and oncology nurses involved in their treatment can play a major role in providing this type of care, according to research presented at the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) 39th Annual Congress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|