A multidisciplinary education initiative was instrumental in preparing nursing and clinical staff for the challenges of managing care and follow-up of patients undergoing CAR-T therapy.
Daily CHG bathing can safely reduce CLABSIs in oncology patients with central lines, with small variations in efficacy of the practice due to differences in patient population, work processes, and team engagement.
Weekly journaling with oncology nurse review ensures adherence to skin self-care in women undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Survivors of primary brain tumors tend to freely discontinue cognitively engaging activities to compensate for diminishing cognitive function after treatment completion.
Mitochondrial Bioenergetics Profile Indicates Likelihood of Radiation-Induced Fatigue in Prostate CancerMay 11, 2017
Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation rate in lymphocytes of patients with nonmetastatic prostate cancer appears to be associated with fatigue.
Standardized tool improved efficiency and thoroughness of patient assessment and documentation of neurotoxicity caused by high-dose cytarabine.
The oncology nurses' role in monitoring and early recognition of the signs and symptoms of CAR T-cell toxicities is significant considering the potential severity of these adverse effects.
Disease-specific survivorship care plans (SCPs) for head and neck cancer support a successful transition to a healthy lifestyle after curative intent therapy of larynx and oral cavity/pharynx cancer.
Preparing patients to manage their care at home enhances patient safety, decreases the frequency of unnecessary emergency center visits and unplanned readmissions, and improves patient satisfaction.
A literature review noted improvements in quality of life after patients were coached and educated following radiotherapy for HPV-associated oropharyngeal cancers.
A new CSTD significantly reduced surface contamination during a simulated antineoplastic hazardous drug administration when compared to baseline.
Researchers summarize the program development, outcomes, and lessons learned from a program that provided cancer screening services for under/uninsured Asian Indio women.
A pilot project of a protocol for optimizing care of the family at end-of-life.
Prior assessment of patients and review of infusion orders by an interprofessional ACE team can significantly reduce patient wait times, prevent same-day inefficiencies, and reduce wasted chemotherapy doses.
Nurse-led project at an urban outpatient radiation oncology center not only achieved improved patient satisfaction regarding pain management.
A nurse-led team developed a tracking tool that created a vaccination schedule from transplant date forward for autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients.
Online Module Seeks to Educate Nurses on the Identification and Management of Hypersensitivity Reactions to ChemotherapyMay 01, 2017
Hypersensitivity reactions in patients receiving chemotherapy are not common, but their serious nature requires that oncology nurses be able to manage them when they occur.
The unique adverse events related to treatment with immunotherapy require a proactive approach in the assessment of side effects and patient education.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|