Oncology Nursing News & Features
A multidisciplinary education initiative was instrumental in preparing nursing and clinical staff for the challenges of managing care and follow-up of patients undergoing CAR-T therapy.
Participants with high risk of depression reported lower mood disturbance, anxiety, depression following intervention.
A diagnosis of a rare cancer is compounded by a greater sense of isolation because patients often struggle to find "someone like me." Support measures need to provide a sense of inclusion as well as meet unique needs.
Daily CHG bathing can safely reduce CLABSIs in oncology patients with central lines, with small variations in efficacy of the practice due to differences in patient population, work processes, and team engagement.
Health care facilities, nursing schools should adopt alternative-to-discipline approaches for treatment
Seeing another patient's situation as worse may be a coping mechanism for some patients with cancer, but those patients need to be reminded not to diminish their own disease and treatment.
Standardized tool improved efficiency and thoroughness of patient assessment and documentation of neurotoxicity caused by high-dose cytarabine.
I hear the term "financial toxicity" used more and more when people are discussing the cost of cancer treatments. What exactly is financial toxicity?
A meta-analysis of elderly patient discharge practices found that including informal caregivers in discharge planning reduces risks of readmission.
A workforce survey revealed that nearly all nurses are involved in volunteer work that enhance community health, with most choosing activities not related to their jobs.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|