Oncology Nursing News & Features
Oncology Nursing Society conducted a role delineation survey (RDS) on oncology nurse navigators (ONNs) to determine how the role has evolved since the previous RDS and to determine if an ONN certification is needed.
The patient seemed to demonstrate typical noncompliance behaviors. Until one day her appearance suggested another explanation, prompting an investigation that revealed a surprising cause.
A new meta-analysis examines the impact of palliative care services on patients' and caregivers' quality of life and outcomes.
Culturally sensitive communications with Hispanic patients can help them understand their cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
How long were you a nurse before you felt competent? Reflections on creating an atmosphere of learning and growing from our own mistakes.
POLST Programs Can Benefit From the APRN-Patient Relationship
A train-the-trainer communication training course appears to be an effective strategy for broadly teaching communication to oncology nurses.
Patients with cancer experience higher risks for injuries — both unintentional and intentional — in the weeks before and after a diagnosis of cancer is made.
Most clinicians support use of integrative services for hospitalized patients, and most referrals for these services are nurse-driven, a NIH-funded study conducted at a large tertiary care facility has shown.
Treatment with methylphenidate is not effective for depression in SSRI-treated patients with advanced cancer in hospice or receiving palliative care.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Single Chemotherapy Dose Informs Treatment Strategy for Advanced Laryngeal Cancer
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|