ONA Navigation Summit 2016 Live Coverage
Food speaks to our genes; its message or signal can turn the immune system on or off. Consumption of a high carbohydrate or sugar diet can increase risk of cancer.
Navigator-specific Interventions and Multidisciplinary Care Team Collaboration Improves Care and Outcomes for Patients with GI Cancers
The GI ONN is a relatively new position whose role is not only to remove barriers to care, but also to facilitate timely, comprehensive, and evidence-based care for patients with GI cancers.
A navigation process that effectively addresses a community's health care disparities and barriers to cancer care is driven by a triennial Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA).
Oncology rehabilitation is cost-effective; it lowers both direct and indirect health care costs and improves physical and psychological quality of life for patients with cancer.
A working knowledge of frailty, multimorbidity, and geriatric syndromes, as well as self-awareness of and sensitivity to ageism are key skills for oncology navigators caring for older patients.
Navigators need to be aware of the signs and symptoms of cognitive and emotional distress and be able to determine which patients and family members need to be managed more closely.
Patient navigation ensures patients with cancer achieve diagnostic resolution in a timely manner, leading to optimal outcomes for both patients and the community.
Side effects are defined as long-term or late. Although the 2 types are difficult to distinguish, their distinction is both clear and important.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|