Nystatin Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nystatin Oral Suspension:
4–6mL (½ of dose on each side of mouth) 4 times daily. Retain in mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
Infants: 2mL 4 times daily (1mL on each side of mouth). Older children: as adult.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smear and/or culture. Continue treatment for at least 48 hrs after clinical cure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, GI distress, nausea, vomiting, oral irritation.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycostatin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|