Significant differences exist based on sex, age, education level, unit, acuity, and nursing management changes, research indicates.
A look at types of nurses and a review of nursing shortages by state.
An art-based learning approach can help students become better at observation and appreciate the importance of communication.
Female RNs are "shortchanged: more than 5,000 a year when compared to their male counterparts, researchers say.
This emerging role is leading nurses toward more comprehensive patient care, improved community outreach, and a stronger voice to advocate for patients.
Other factors in nurses' retirement choices include health and partner's retirement age.
In nursing students, dangerous drinking is prevalent, and more problem drinking among younger students and smokers.
An emphasis on self care leads to better patient care. Nurses should practice good nutrition to help them stay strong and able to cope from beginning to end of their shift.
Researchers have found that healthcare workers do not always follow recommended safe handling practices for antineoplastic drugs.
Nearly 18% of newly licensed registered nurses (RNs) leave their first nursing job within the first year and more than double that percentage leave within 2 years, according to newly published research.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction programs can be incorporated into daily nursing practice routines to help oncology nurses de-stress.
Physicians and nurses in German cancer centers feel that that many patients do not experience a dignified death.
A survey has revealed that patients at a single level-1 trauma center emergency room consistently rate the nursing care received higher than do the nurses, according to research.
A pilot program demonstrated that an acuity tool that accounts for more complex ambulatory infusion treatments allows nurses to increase their productivity.
A major medical center in New York City uses a program of arts and music to help patients through their treatments. The program is even being used to give nurses a chance to de-stress.
A triage nurse is a vital role for a busy outpatient hematology and transplant clinic, according to research presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 39th Annual Congress.
Is it within a nurse's scope of practice to flip a port over with a physician's order?
Several domains for organizational climate influence the behavior and performance of nurse practitioners.
For critical care nurses, male gender and working 12-hour shifts were linked to decision regret.
Cancer-specific physical therapy can provide closure to cancer treatment and offers patients a link to their pretreatment physical baseline.
Ninety-nine percent of NPs are positive and optimistic about the future, but 81 percent feel overworked.
Investment in nursing could reduce Medicare readmissions penalties.
What are the new Medicare guidelines for the administration of an epoetin alfa injection (Procrit) or a darbepoetin alfa injection (Aranesp)?
Research shows discrepancies in the way the role of nurse practitioners is viewed.
Preceptor and unit-base clinical specialists can guide paths to specialties and aid retention.
How do nurse or patient navigators make the continuum of cancer care easier to manage?
Protocolized patient-tailored treatment of physical symptoms improves fatigue in advanced cancer.
Gaps in evidence-based practice exist, even within an oncology nursing workforce that is well-educated and experienced.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
An end-of-life pathway can enhance the ability of oncology nurses to provide high quality care at a crucial time for patients and families.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|