In nursing students, dangerous drinking is prevalent, and more problem drinking among younger students and smokers.
Twitter is a great way for oncology professionals to interact with their peers and patients, and ONA has recommendations for some feeds you should be following.
A new agreement between The University of Texas at San Antonio and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio will smooth the way for qualified students to enter nursing school.
Benefits, harms of low-dose computed tomography lung cancer screening should be carefully considered.
An accent modification class for internationally educated nurses improved pronunciation and confidence in speaking to patients and coworkers, according to research.
An increase in workload increases odds of death, whereas an increase in percentage of nurses with degrees cuts death rates, research found.
Implementation of quality improvement intervention is not necessarily linked to improved colon cancer screening.
What is chemo brain, and what can be done for it?
I am concerned about some of our patients with advanced cancer being full code. Is it within my scope to address this with patients, and if so, what is the best approach?
Preceptor and unit-base clinical specialists can guide paths to specialties and aid retention.
Prescribers of extended-release/long-acting opioid analgesics are encouraged to participate in continuing medical education provided by manufacturers of these analgesics.
A member of the ONA Advisor Forum answers a question about how soon after a prescription is written that chemotherapy treatment should be started.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
An end-of-life pathway can enhance the ability of oncology nurses to provide high quality care at a crucial time for patients and families.
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Opioid-induced constipation is not adequately addressed by nurse practitioners and physicians, according to research presented at the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Connections: Advancing Care Through Science conference.
Nurses living in rural areas can become certified using a telehealth network.
A training program helped nurses discuss care goals and difficult topics more effectively.
Recruitment and retention of new graduate nurses at oncology units increased with a structured, comprehensive training program.
A listing of Web sites and online resources for nurse self-care.
The most significant need worldwide is to improve nurse education in breast cancer patient care, management, and clinical research, results of a consensus study among international leaders in breast cancer have found. The data were presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 36th Annual Congress.
- Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes (Fact Sheet)
- Sweeping prostate cancer review upends widely held belief on radiation after surgery
- Statin use inversely linked to risk of pancreatic cancer
- Survival longer in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with low tumor metabolic activity
- Promising drug offers new paradigm for treating leukemia
- 'Bathing and Honoring' Nursing Intervention Benefits Families after Patients Die in Acute Care Setting
- Clinic-Based Behavioral Intervention Improves Sleep for Cancer Patient-Caregiver Dyads
- New Instrument Assesses Family Caregiver Knowledge of Cancer Treatment Symptoms
- Nursing Evaluation, Management of Nab-Paclitaxel-Associated Peripheral Neuropathy
- Music, Nature Sounds May Improve Pain, Anxiety in Hospice Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|