In nursing students, dangerous drinking is prevalent, and more problem drinking among younger students and smokers.
Twitter is a great way for oncology professionals to interact with their peers and patients, and ONA has recommendations for some feeds you should be following.
A new agreement between The University of Texas at San Antonio and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio will smooth the way for qualified students to enter nursing school.
Benefits, harms of low-dose computed tomography lung cancer screening should be carefully considered.
An accent modification class for internationally educated nurses improved pronunciation and confidence in speaking to patients and coworkers, according to research.
An increase in workload increases odds of death, whereas an increase in percentage of nurses with degrees cuts death rates, research found.
Implementation of quality improvement intervention is not necessarily linked to improved colon cancer screening.
What is chemo brain, and what can be done for it?
I am concerned about some of our patients with advanced cancer being full code. Is it within my scope to address this with patients, and if so, what is the best approach?
Preceptor and unit-base clinical specialists can guide paths to specialties and aid retention.
Prescribers of extended-release/long-acting opioid analgesics are encouraged to participate in continuing medical education provided by manufacturers of these analgesics.
A member of the ONA Advisor Forum answers a question about how soon after a prescription is written that chemotherapy treatment should be started.
Adopting oncology pathways within the practice setting of oncology nurses has the potential to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
An end-of-life pathway can enhance the ability of oncology nurses to provide high quality care at a crucial time for patients and families.
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Opioid-induced constipation is not adequately addressed by nurse practitioners and physicians, according to research presented at the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Connections: Advancing Care Through Science conference.
Nurses living in rural areas can become certified using a telehealth network.
A training program helped nurses discuss care goals and difficult topics more effectively.
Recruitment and retention of new graduate nurses at oncology units increased with a structured, comprehensive training program.
A listing of Web sites and online resources for nurse self-care.
The most significant need worldwide is to improve nurse education in breast cancer patient care, management, and clinical research, results of a consensus study among international leaders in breast cancer have found. The data were presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 36th Annual Congress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Risk prediction improved by new classification in chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Treatment options for HER2-positive breast cancer
- Antimicrobial agent triclosan, used in soaps and detergents, may cause cancer
- The Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) and co-researchers issue a report card on complementary therapies for breast cancer
- Disparities in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treatment based on race, treatment center
- A New Era is Coming up in the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Early palliative care can cut hospital readmissions for cancer patients
- ONA Interview: Breaking the barriers to effective palliative care
- Fluorescent tattoos may improve self-esteem in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer
- Cancer prehabilitation: One step toward improved outcomes
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers
- More patients opt for mastectomy despite limited, early-stage breast cancer
- Calcium channel blockers not found to increase risk of breast cancer
- Being overweight or obese may hide true nutritional status of patients with cancer
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|