Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as sodium ferric gluconate complex in sucrose) 12.5mg/mL; soln for IV inj or infusion; contains benzyl alcohol.
Indications for NULECIT:
Iron deficiency anemia in patients on chronic hemodialysis receiving epoetin therapy.
Give by IV infusion (diluted) or slow IV inj (undiluted). 125mg infused over 1 hour or by slow IV inj (at a rate of up to 12.5mg/min). Minimum cumulative dose: 1g given over 8 sequential dialysis sessions; usual max: 125mg/dose.
<6yrs: not recommended. Give by IV infusion (diluted) over 1 hour. ≥6yrs: 1.5mg/kg per dose at 8 sequential dialysis sessions; max: 125mg/dose.
Anemias not caused by iron deficiency. Iron overload.
Hemoglobinopathies. Refractory anemias. Avoid in neonates. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers.
May reduce absorption of concomitant oral iron preparations.
Hypotension, hypertension, GI upset, chest pain, back pain, abdominal pain, pruritus, inj site reaction, cramps, headache, dizziness, syncope, fatigue, fever, dyspnea, tachycardia; rare: hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|