The patient's history and current blood work results indicated a dangerously high potassium level. But a meticulously handled redraw proved it false.
Higher body weight and increased height during adolescence increase the risk for developing certain subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, including diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Survivors of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) exposed to rituximab do not have an increased risk for developing second primary malignancies.
The incidence of febrile neutropenia was significantly higher among patients who received pegfilgrastim prophylaxis on the same day.
Researchers announced a breakthrough advance in a world-first international clinical trial of a new drug to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma that is refractory or resistant to current chemotherapies.
BALTIMORE, MD—For more aggressive cases of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), posttreatment surveillance with molecular imaging could mean the early start of a new, life-saving treatment. This was presented at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) 2015 Annual Meeting.
Two new targeted treatments slow progression of chronic-lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
New research indicate that malfunctioning genes are only partly to blame for why treatment that was effective ultimately fails in many patients with the most common form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Compared with the vasectomy and control groups, infertile men had a higher risk of testis cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and all cancers.
Intense physical activity throughout life is linked to a 30 percent reduction in risk.
Level of physical activity over a lifetime can impact risk for non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).
A lower vitamin D levels prior to treatment for follicular lymphoma has been linked to earlier relapse and increased mortality, according to a new study.
Targeting a specific cell survival protein could be key to treating some lymphomas, including those with genetic defects that make them resistant to standard therapies.
Patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas and advanced solid tumors have responded to a new drug that is being tested for the first time in humans in a phase I clinical trial.
A new chemotherapy drug being investigated for its potency against two types of cancer was found to be effective in about one-third of the participants in a phase I study.
The phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase delta inhibitor idelalisib shows antitumor activity in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
In nearly one-third of patients with Waldenström macroglobulinemia, the disease is switched on by a specific genetic mutation. A new drug that blocks the defective gene can arrest the disease in animal models, according to research reported at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
A toxin linked to a targeted monoclonal antibody has shown compelling antitumor activity in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHLs) who were no longer responding to treatment, according to a new report.
Performing early stem cell transplants in patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma does not improve overall survival in high-risk patients, according to a new study. However, early transplantation appears to be beneficial among the small group of patients who are at the very highest risk.
Assessing bone marrow involvement in persons with a new diagnosis of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is better accomplished with 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT).
Survival rates were stable for patients with HIV-associated lymphoma during the antiretroviral therapy (ART) era in the United States, according to a new study.
Oral ibrutinib demonstrated durable single-agent efficacy in relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma in one study, and showed a high frequency of durable remissions in relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma in another study.
Nurses play a critical role in promoting safety for patients with indolent forms of non-Hodgkin lymphoma receiving radioimmunotherapy, according to research presented at the ONS 38th Annual Congress.
Chronic fatigue is more than three times more prevalent among adult survivors of childhood leukemia or lymphoma than among other adults.
Persons who have undergone cytotoxic chemotherapy for certain cancers, notably non-Hodgkin lymphoma, may develop acute myeloid leukemia.
Abnormal epigenetic changes can change the expression of genes. Researchers hope to control the harmful epigenomic changes to turn down cancer itself or perhaps sensitize cancers to existing drugs.
A new experimental drug therapy has been developed to target activated B-cell diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Interim results confirmed the "unprecedented" single-agent activity of ibrutinib in relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma.
Paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension, 90-minute infusion of rituximab, omacetaxine mepesuccinate receive FDA approval
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|