Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/actuation; lingual aerosol spray.
Mist Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROMIST:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, on or under tongue while sitting; may repeat every 5 minutes as needed; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil), riociguat. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depletion. Hypotension. Acute MI. CHF. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Product is flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with PDE5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, β-blockers, calcium channel blockers, alcohol. May be potentiated by aspirin. Nitroglycerin (IV) may antagonize t-PA, heparin (monitor APTT). Avoid concomitant ergotamine and related drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache (may be severe), flushing, rash, hypotension, syncope.
Bottles—4.1g (90 metered sprays), 8.5g (230 metered sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|