NICOTROL NS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicotine 0.5mg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for NICOTROL NS:
Adjunct in smoking cessation therapy.
Do not sniff, swallow, or inhale. Individualize. Usually 1–2 doses/hour; max 5 doses/hour, 40 doses/day for up to 3 months; may discontinue abruptly or taper.
Concurrent smoking or other nicotine products.
Avoid immediately post-MI, in arrhythmias, or severe or worsening angina pectoris. Hypertension. Vasospastic or coronary heart disease. Hepatic or severe renal impairment. Hyperthyroidism. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Peptic ulcer disease. Elderly. Low doses may be toxic to children and pets. Nasal Spray not recommended in chronic nasal disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.D), labor & delivery: not recommended (attempt nondrug treatment first). Nursing mothers.
Nasal Spray antagonized by nasal vasoconstrictors. Smoking cessation potentiates theophylline, insulin, β-blockers, pentazocine, oxazepam, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, imipramine), caffeine, acetaminophen, adrenergic antagonists (eg, prazosin, labetalol), others. Smoking cessation antagonizes adrenergic agonists (eg, isoproterenol, phenylephrine), others.
Local irritation, GI upset, headache, dizziness, palpitations, hypertension.
Inhaler 42 cartridges—1 (w. inhaler and case); Nasal Spray 10mL (200 sprays)—1 (w. metered spray pump)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|