A health outcomes analysis of 419 patients with multiple myeloma sought to determine if cipro-doxy was more effective than cipro alone in reducing the incidence of neutropenic fever and infections, both significant causes of morbidity and death for these patients.
Primary prophylaxis with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor provided only a low-to-modest benefit in reducing neutropenia-related hospitalization in patients with breast cancer receiving low-to-intermediate risk chemotherapy regimens.
The risk of second-cycle febrile neutropenia was significantly higher among patients who discontinued pegfilgrastim after the first cycle.
Zarxio (filgrastim-sndz), a biosimilar of filgrastim, is efficient and well tolerated for the prophylaxis of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia.
Pegteograstim is as effective as pegfilgrastim in reducing chemotherapy-induced neutropenia in patients with breast cancer.
Effectiveness and safety of biosimilar filgrastim (Zarxio) in daily clinical practice are similar to that of the originator filgrastim.
Febrile neutropenia-related hospitalizations still account for morbidity, and mortality among patients with breast cancer.
Research supports use of the Exergen professional TAT-5000 temporal thermometer as a noninvasive alternative to measure temperature in adult patients to detect febrile neutropenia, found research presented at the ONS 38th Annual Congress.
Panel addresses prophylaxis and management of fever and neutropenia in cancer outpatients.
A new initiative launched by CDC is designed to reduce the risk of life-threatening infection in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|