Primary prophylaxis with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor provided only a low-to-modest benefit in reducing neutropenia-related hospitalization in patients with breast cancer receiving low-to-intermediate risk chemotherapy regimens.
The risk of second-cycle febrile neutropenia was significantly higher among patients who discontinued pegfilgrastim after the first cycle.
Zarxio (filgrastim-sndz), a biosimilar of filgrastim, is efficient and well tolerated for the prophylaxis of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia.
Pegteograstim is as effective as pegfilgrastim in reducing chemotherapy-induced neutropenia in patients with breast cancer.
Effectiveness and safety of biosimilar filgrastim (Zarxio) in daily clinical practice are similar to that of the originator filgrastim.
Febrile neutropenia-related hospitalizations still account for morbidity, and mortality among patients with breast cancer.
Research supports use of the Exergen professional TAT-5000 temporal thermometer as a noninvasive alternative to measure temperature in adult patients to detect febrile neutropenia, found research presented at the ONS 38th Annual Congress.
Panel addresses prophylaxis and management of fever and neutropenia in cancer outpatients.
A new initiative launched by CDC is designed to reduce the risk of life-threatening infection in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|