Methadone appears to be superior to fentanyl for the treatment of neuropathic pain in patients with head and neck cancer.
The Indication for CTC ICPNQ is a valid instrument to distinguish the highest chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy CTC grades from the lower CTC grades required to inform dose modification of chemotherapy decisions in clinical practice.
A study has found that duloxetine effectively decreases pain for patients with chemotherapy-related peripheral neuropathy, especially for those who received the drug as initial treatment.
What can be done to decrease the severity of peripheral neuropathy experienced by patients receiving chemotherapy?
A composite measure assessed peripheral neuropathy induced by vincristine reliably and with validity.
Neurocognitive impairment seems to occur in the presence of cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
Oxaliplatin, which has become the standard of care in advanced colorectal cancer, appears to cause nerve damage that may be permanent and worsens even months after treatment ends.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|