Generic Name and Formulations:
Alogliptin 6.25mg, 12.5mg, 25mg; tabs.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Indications for NESINA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
25mg once daily. Renal impairment: moderate (CrCl ≥30–<60mL/min): 12.5mg once daily; severe (CrCl ≥15–<30mL/min) or ESRD (CrCl <15mL/min or need hemodialysis): 6.25mg once daily.
Assess renal function prior to therapy and periodically thereafter. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, or severe joint pain; discontinue if suspected or occurs. Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Hepatic impairment. Obtain LFTs before starting therapy; interrupt and evaluate if liver enzymes elevated or abnormal tests persist; do not restart if liver injury is confirmed and no other etiology can be found. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Nasopharyngitis, headache, upper respiratory tract infection; pancreatitis, heart failure, hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome), hepatic failure (may be fatal), severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
6.25mg—30, 90; 12.5mg, 25mg—30, 90, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|