Generic Name and Formulations:
Chloroprocaine HCl 20mg/mL, 30mg/mL; soln for inj; preservative-free.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for NESACAINE-MPF:
Production of local anesthesia by infiltration, peripheral and central nerve block, including lumbar and caudal epidural blocks.
Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. See literature for dosing based on procedure. Individualize. Max single recommended dose: 11mg/kg, not to exceed max total dose of 800mg. Debilitated, elderly, acutely ill (cardiac and/or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: see literature. Individualize based on age and weight. ≥3yrs: max 11mg/kg.
Not for subarachnoid administration. Lumbar and caudal epidural anesthesia: caution with existing neurological disease, spinal deformities, septicemia, severe hypertension. To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Hypotension. Heart block. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Hepatic impairment. Retrobulbar block. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant sulfonamides: not recommended.
CNS effects (eg, excitation, depression, restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, tremors), cardiovascular effects (eg, myocardium depression, decreased cardiac output, heart block, hypotension, bradycardia, ventricular arrhythmias, cardiac arrest), allergic-type reactions, neurologic effects (eg, spinal block, urinary retention, paresthesia, weakness, headache, paralysis of lower extremities).
Nesacaine: Multi-dose vial (30mL)—1; Nesacaine-MPF: Single-dose vial (20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|