The employment of radical nephrectomy, vs partial nephrectomy, was found to cause a 2-fold greater decline in eGFR decline and greatly increased mortality.
Surgery is often the first step in treating kidney cancer, and new data questions whether removing only the tumor is better than removing the entire kidney.
Using robotic ultrasound probes for identification of kidney tumors during robotic partial nephrectomy offered the advantage of surgeon autonomy compared with the use of laparoscopic ultrasound probes.
A surgical technique known as intracorporeal cooling and extraction (ICE) may reduce the need for conventional open surgery in kidney cancer.
Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) for removal of a cancerous kidney led to a less painful recovery than did traditional multiport laparoscopy.
For patients with renal masses, use of partial nephrectomy increased from 15.3 to 24.7 percent.
Reviews the clinical features and diagnosis of Wilm's tumor, as well as management and follow up
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|