This fact sheet examines the cancer risks associated with smokeless tobacco products.
This fact sheet examines the role of vaccines for the prevention and treatment of cancer, including current areas of research.
This fact sheet reviews hyperthermia, a type of cancer treatment in which body tissue is exposed to high temperatures to damage and kill cancer cells.
A research team from the NCI and ASCO presented a summary of best practices and strategies for future research in a co-sponsored symposium.
This fact sheet explores the evidence of links between artificial sweeteners and cancer risk.
This fact sheet reviews the basics of cryosurgery, including availability, advantages and disadvantages, and known side effects.
This fact sheet provides an overview of how the immune system functions and examines biological therapies, including monoclonal antibodies, cytokines, therapeutic vaccines, cancer-killing viruses, gene therapy, and adoptive T-cell transfer as well as side effects.
This fact sheet defines adjuvant therapy for breast cancer and explains the length of treatment, which patients are best suited for this treatment, side effects, and highlights current research.
This fact sheet reviews types of alcoholic drinks, the evidence linking alcohol consumption to cancer, the effects of alcohol when combined with tobacco, and notes possible beneficial effects of alcohol.
This fact sheet explores the technology of cell phones, radiofrequency energy and how it may affect the body, and the findings of research studies about cell phone exposure and cancer risk.
This fact sheet reviews this rare form of breast cancer, including symptoms, prognosis, and treatment details.
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
This fact sheet reviews cancer types, incidence and survival rates, causes, and current research related to childhood cancer.
This fact sheet reviews the details of head and neck cancer, including locations, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, risk reduction, and treatment.
This fact sheet reviews primary and secondary liver cancer types, symptoms, screening, and treatment.
Changes made 5 years ago to accelerate time-to-initiation of clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute have paid off in the form of faster activation of studies.
Scientists at the National Cancer Institute have generated a data set of cancer-specific genetic variations and are making these data available to the research community
Cloud technology is now being used to collect detailed information from thousands of cancer samples with the goal of helping doctors make better predictions about how a patient's illness will progress and what type of treatment will be most effective.
ATA guidelines for well-differentiated thyroid cancer recommend therapeutic neck dissection when the disease is clinically involved or metastatic and prophylactic central neck dissection when tumors are advanced. Nonetheless, though these established guidelines are in place, the surgical management of cervical nodes varies greatly.
These resources highlight several in-depth online booklets for patients that explain cancer clinical trials.
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Rubraca Granted Accelerated FDA Approval for Advanced BRCA-positive Ovarian Cancer
- New Criteria for Appropriate Use of Bone Scintigraphy to Diagnose and Manage Prostate and Breast Cancer
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|