This fact sheet examines the cancer risks associated with smokeless tobacco products.
This fact sheet examines the role of vaccines for the prevention and treatment of cancer, including current areas of research.
This fact sheet reviews hyperthermia, a type of cancer treatment in which body tissue is exposed to high temperatures to damage and kill cancer cells.
A research team from the NCI and ASCO presented a summary of best practices and strategies for future research in a co-sponsored symposium.
This fact sheet explores the evidence of links between artificial sweeteners and cancer risk.
This fact sheet reviews the basics of cryosurgery, including availability, advantages and disadvantages, and known side effects.
This fact sheet provides an overview of how the immune system functions and examines biological therapies, including monoclonal antibodies, cytokines, therapeutic vaccines, cancer-killing viruses, gene therapy, and adoptive T-cell transfer as well as side effects.
This fact sheet defines adjuvant therapy for breast cancer and explains the length of treatment, which patients are best suited for this treatment, side effects, and highlights current research.
This fact sheet reviews types of alcoholic drinks, the evidence linking alcohol consumption to cancer, the effects of alcohol when combined with tobacco, and notes possible beneficial effects of alcohol.
This fact sheet explores the technology of cell phones, radiofrequency energy and how it may affect the body, and the findings of research studies about cell phone exposure and cancer risk.
This fact sheet reviews this rare form of breast cancer, including symptoms, prognosis, and treatment details.
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
This fact sheet reviews cancer types, incidence and survival rates, causes, and current research related to childhood cancer.
This fact sheet reviews the details of head and neck cancer, including locations, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, risk reduction, and treatment.
This fact sheet reviews primary and secondary liver cancer types, symptoms, screening, and treatment.
Changes made 5 years ago to accelerate time-to-initiation of clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute have paid off in the form of faster activation of studies.
Scientists at the National Cancer Institute have generated a data set of cancer-specific genetic variations and are making these data available to the research community
Cloud technology is now being used to collect detailed information from thousands of cancer samples with the goal of helping doctors make better predictions about how a patient's illness will progress and what type of treatment will be most effective.
ATA guidelines for well-differentiated thyroid cancer recommend therapeutic neck dissection when the disease is clinically involved or metastatic and prophylactic central neck dissection when tumors are advanced. Nonetheless, though these established guidelines are in place, the surgical management of cervical nodes varies greatly.
These resources highlight several in-depth online booklets for patients that explain cancer clinical trials.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Novel 3D Marker Reduces Radiation, Improves Cosmesis in Breast Conserving Surgery
- Rates at Some Milestones May Indicate Clinical Trial Results for Immunotherapeutics
- Cancer Risks for BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers Determined by Age, Family History, Mutation Location
- Long-Term Use of TPO Receptor Agonist Safe in CLL-Associated Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Savolitinib Active, Tolerable in Subset of Advanced Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|