Generic Name and Formulations:
Nesiritide 1.5mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for NATRECOR:
Acutely decompensated CHF with dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity.
2mcg/kg IV bolus once, then 0.01mcg/kg per minute by continuous IV infusion; limited experience with therapy >96 hours. Doses up to 0.03mcg/kg per minute have been used; see full labeling. Reduce dose or discontinue if symptomatic hypotension occurs.
Persistent systolic BP <100mmHg. Cardiogenic shock.
Not recommended in significant valvular stenosis, restrictive or obstructive cardiomyopathy, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade, other conditions where vasodilators are inappropriate, or when cardiac output is dependent on venous return, or in patients with low cardiac filling pressures. Impaired renal function (esp if severe heart failure); monitor serum creatinine during and after therapy until stabilized. Monitor BP closely. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension potentiated by ARBs and/or ACE inhibitors.
Vasodilator (human B-type natriuretic peptide).
Hypotension, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness; hypersensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|